Dentist at 3 Dartmouth Road

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
natbeuk

Dentist at 3 Dartmouth Road

Post by natbeuk »

Hi all

I just rang to make an appointment at the dental surgery at 3 Dartmouth Road and was actually quite perturbed that I managed to get an appointment within a matter of days, rather than the months I was expecting... should I be concerned??? Anyone go to this surgery and have an opinion on what they're like?

Not that I'm cynical or anything but when things are too easy I get worried :?
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Apparently they are one of the better dentists in the area.

Don't be dissauded by the large number of bulging 'medical waste' bags.
:D

I think you'll find a fair number of satisfied patients on here, but as the dentist is technically in Forest Hill, it may be worth checking on other (less popular) sites

Alib
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Thanks, I'll take a look!
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D
Lawrie park road Dentist is very good, all my family go there.
Wing

Post by Wing »

Can anyone recommend a good practice in SE26 or thereabout which is willing to take on new NHS and/or private patients. We would like to register with one.

Our previous dentist used to be in Sydenham High St just after the Kwik Fit but he had moved to Somerset a couple of years ago. For some reason, the current practice there no longer contacts us so we normally have our teeth done or checked privately overseas.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Well 3 Dartmouth Road are taking on NHS patients.. I can let you know what I think of them after my appointment next week?
Bamy

Post by Bamy »

I go to 3 Dartmouth Rd and they're fine.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I use the one lower down Sydenham Rd (next to the Wesley Hall) I've never had a problem and last time I checked they were accepting new NHS patients!
Frangipan

Post by Frangipan »

Do these dentists have private facilities too? I need to find somewhere that has NHS for 'basic' things like checkups etc. However, as a very nervous patient (after a bodged filling leading to an extraction and a high tolerance to anisthetic - ie it takes LOADS for it to work) I pay for sedation for anything more intrusive, this needs an anaethatist present - and costs!

My previous dentist was near my old job, and went private only, so I need to find someone new.
JustMeHere

Post by JustMeHere »

I use Dartmouth Road but you really cannot rely on the Postal Service.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Sorry if I'm being thick, but I'm not sure what you're referring to by not being able to rely on the postal service, in relation to the dentist?

(I'm still getting used to how stuff like dentists work over here, after moving from Australia 7 years ago!)
castiron73

Post by castiron73 »

I think jmh is not a person but one of those web bots which is programmed to post automatically after taking quotes from earlier messages in a thread and combining them with random phrases from the Daily Mail
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

:lol:
mosy

Post by mosy »

I've used the dentist at 3 Dartmouth Road for several years - Harunani & Ziman & Associates - they have a web page: http://www.foresthilldental.com/

They have quite a few dentists so it wouldn't surprise me if they could offer an early appointment. My view of dentists is that you need one that you get on with personally, whichever dental surgery it is. Meaning that if you are happy with the look and feel overall of a surgery, perhaps ask to see a different dentist if you don't "gel" with the first one you see.

HTH
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Web bots..... hmmmmm, that might explain it :D

Cheers Mosy, I'm feeling much more reassured now!

And Frangipan, the website Mosy gave says they are accepting private patients.