Driving instructor

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Suzee

Driving instructor

Post by Suzee »

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a driving instructor in the Sydenham area?

Thanks!
Sue
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

Sorry, don't know of any
Susie1791

Driving Instructor

Post by Susie1791 »

I would recommend Lanes Driving school, they are based in Bromley but cover Sydenham and ask for the driving instructor Bob, he's very good. Here is their website...
http://www.lanesschoolofdriving.co.uk/
claireclaire

Post by claireclaire »

I can recommend Dave at Ambassador School of Driving: 0773 301 2133
I passed first time - yay!
Good luck!
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Thanks for the recommendations!

Sue
raymondus

Post by raymondus »

Mrs R is currently with Dave at Ambassador and thinks he's great.
icb

Post by icb »

does anybody know how much does Dave charge per lesson (1 hr I assume). I've tried calling but the mobile is always off.....I guess he's busy teaching!
Lois

Post by Lois »

I could recommend myself. My details and prices are on my web site at www.safemotoring.co.uk
claireclaire

dave's prices

Post by claireclaire »

hello there
I don't remember exactly - around £20-ish/hour as they all do, but it gets cheaper if you can do daytimes and if you buy a block of ten lessons at a time.
hope that helps
Claire
manicmama

Post by manicmama »

I'm also looking for a local driving instructor for my daughter. She is currently taking lessons, but I don't think she is progressing very well, he is a private teacher and she had a block of lessons booked by her nan for her birthday, she's had 12 lessons so far and all she's been taught to do is turn left, he still picks her up, she isn't even driving away from home yet, I have spoken with him and asked him why (diplomatically) she is taking so long to pick up, and was she a nervous driver or slow learner, he said there is an awful lot of talk involved (my daughter complained that he actually talks about cr@p for most of the lesson re his private life and what he did for the weekend whereas she just wants to learn to drive and is too polite to tell him to shut up and get on with teaching her).
Do you think I am being unrealistic in what I expect her to be able to do at this stage, considering she is an intelligent girl and usually picks things up quickly?
manicmama

Post by manicmama »

PS. Lois cool website :)