east Dulwich forum

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
bigbadwolf

east Dulwich forum

Post by bigbadwolf »

Hi, do any of you guys visit the east dulwich forum?

I find that there are some incredibly funny members on it.
Barty

Post by Barty »

When I lived in Forest Hill I posted on se23.com

Now I live in Sydenham I post here.

I believe that if you decide you are going to join a forum to discuss local issues, you need to be a member of just one forum - the most appropriate one to your location.

Having said that, if you find you have made some good friends there, and you then move, that's different!!!!
bag lady

Post by bag lady »

I lurk on it.

It is really, really funny.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

I believe that if you decide you are going to join a forum to discuss local issues, you need to be a member of just one forum - the most appropriate one to your location.

I see where you're coming from Barty. I live in Forest hill, have lived in Sydenham but have never lived in east dulwich. Having said that I'm on all 3 of the area forums as I believe that they encompass 'my area' as I use Sydenham high street and Lorship lane, the latter more often.
I also enjoy using the east dulwich forum as it's pretty unique in that it is incredibly busy and very very funny

See for yourself.

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I have the occasional lurk on the EDF - as you say it is often very funny, and it is a much busier forum than ours - the number and quality of posts every day is incredible, and I'm amazed that some of the more frequent posters are also able to hold down full-time jobs at the same time! That said, I don't really feel the need to post there because I don't live in East Dulwich (nor do I have any great burning desire to do so, though I'm not knocking it), and there are more issues pertinent to Sydenham that I feel the urge to post about. I also have a greater interest in posting on the STF because I have met several other posters, which isn't the case (for me) with the EDF.
Barty

Post by Barty »

I've joined up.

STF is my fix of banter combined with local issues, and EDF is going to be purely a source of banter!
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Yes, I saw you'd joined up and have started baiting cyclists on there too!
Barty

Post by Barty »

Oi I never started it!!! Malicious rumours... :)
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

Bigbadwolf, thanks for the tip.

Just spent a very amusing 10 minutes (I'm at work) looking through some of the threads.

The one on The Clockhouse had me in stitches - I used to drink in there all the time, and fondly remember Frances and Peter.

HonaloochieB should be a comedy writer - if he isnt already.

Thanks again - its now in My Favourites.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

I'm glad you're enjoying it Fishcox. A lot of the regular forum members are from Sydenham and Forest hill not just Dulwich. Why don't dip your toes in the water and post your own thread.
Barty

Post by Barty »

I think BBW is on commission..... :D :D :D
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

BBW said
I'm glad you're enjoying it Fishcox. A lot of the regular forum members are from Sydenham and Forest hill not just Dulwich. Why don't dip your toes in the water and post your own thread.
I might just do that our kid - it certainly has a different vibe from STF, although we do have the potential to 'open up' a bit more in here, and make things more entertaining.

I am a great fan of flippancy, and so shall use the East Dulwich Forum, for such merriment.

Hear hear!
CaptainCarCrash

Hello BBW

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Hello BBW how the devil are you?.
Barty

Post by Barty »

Certainly finding it very different to here.

Main difference.....here, I felt at home within a dozen posts.

There......its taking some work.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Baglady popped her cherry in the east dulwich forum's lounge yesterday evening. Any more takers?
bag lady

Post by bag lady »

*blushes*
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

ooh just posted on the ED Forum. Feel like I've cheated. Feels like I've got off with a posh bird, and have kept it secret from my 20-a-day tracksuit-clad wife.
Oh it was heaven just holding hands with the ED Forum, we spoke about the moon and stars and everything and nothing. She told me about about the success of the Green & Blue wine-bar and deli, and I chatted about whether Musti's pound shop would re-open or not.

And just as she was about to take me to another Lordship Lane winebar, when the 176 shipped up and took me back to reality.
But those fleeting moments in SE22 will stay with me forever ...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »