Bus to Lewisham?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
natbeuk

Bus to Lewisham?

Post by natbeuk »

Hi

I need to get to Lewisham High Street at about 9am tomorrow and I'm guessing bus is the best way. I live up towards Dartmouth Road - can anyone advise whether I'm best walking down to Newlands Park and getting the 75 or if the 122 is the better bet? I'm struggling with the limited info on the TFL website and am thoroughly confused about the best way to go!

Thanks in advance.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

The 202 which goes down Kirkdale near The Fox.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

the 202 doesn't serve lewisham high street.....

The 122 goes down the south circular and the 75 goes through catford hill...both of whcih will be horrendous for traffic at that time. But I'd hazzard the 75 will be worse at that point.....plus its a shorter walk for you to get to the bus stop. so I'd guess the 122 will suit you better.

Alternatively you could get the bus/walk to lower sydenham and get the train - bit of a mission but I find that route extremely quick and efficient in the morning.
bag lady

Post by bag lady »

I've taken the 185 from Forest Hill, however the journey back was a nightmare. I'm unsure if this was because of the time of day or because there had been an accident or something.

Have you tried www.tfl.gov.uk ? Although local knowledge is probably best!
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

122 is your best bet. Just hope the return isn't during school kicking out time - it becomes a mobile zoo.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Thanks all. I took the 122 in the end and the journey itself was fine... I did have to wait half an hour for the bus to actually show up though! Luckily I am the world's most punctual person and had left myself loads of time!
Barty

Post by Barty »

natbeuk wrote:Luckily I am the world's most punctual person and had left myself loads of time!
Tis a shame that rail commuters do not do the same....then a 2min delay to a train won't kill their travel plans completely!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

natbeuk wrote:Luckily I am the world's most punctual person...
It's a shame that the trains aren't the same.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

Barty wrote:
natbeuk wrote:Luckily I am the world's most punctual person and had left myself loads of time!
Tis a shame that rail commuters do not do the same....then a 2min delay to a train won't kill their travel plans completely!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

well, when there is only one train that will get you to work on time (unless you leave the night before) then its pretty hard to be on time if the trains are delayed/cancelled

oh, and don't even think abut getting trains to work if your early shift falls on a weekend :roll: :wink:
Barty

Post by Barty »

bensonby wrote:...don't even think abut getting trains to work if your early shift falls on a weekend :roll: :wink:
I have to admit that is completely true!

My train to work for the 0645 start on a Sat has 4 wheels and is driven by Mrs Barty!!!
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

natbeuk wrote:Thanks all. I took the 122 in the end and the journey itself was fine... I did have to wait half an hour for the bus to actually show up though! Luckily I am the world's most punctual person and had left myself loads of time!
Sorry Nat, I missed your original request when it mattered!

However, in the future I'd say the 122 is the best from Syd (Kirkdale). Being up near Dartmouth though, you also have the option of walking over to the Hornimans and getting the P4 from Honor Oak Road. When I lived in Forest Hill the P4 was always my preferred Lewisham link!*

(*Out of the 122, 185, and the Catford train station).

This site is also useful: http://www.londonbusroutes.net/routes.htm
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Ah well, better late than never hey Gaz? :wink:

Thanks for the info though, will bear it in mind if I need to head that way again.