Loss of local shops

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Ella

Loss of local shops

Post by Ella »

The florist at the lower end of Sydenham Road appears to have closed. Does anyone know of any other good florist in the area?
annabel mclaren

Post by annabel mclaren »

Do you mean the shop opposite the Dolphin (they used to be called the Flowersmith)? I heard last week that they have been taken over by Stephen Mears (who owns the monumental masons opposite) and they appeared to be flourishing! The florists near the station has closed - which was a shame as they were good.
Ella

Post by Ella »

Annabel

That is the florists I mean - they have taken down all their infrastructure and left just one small poor looking yukka on their doorstep.
annabel mclaren

Post by annabel mclaren »

Hi Ella
I think they are in a handover stage - the new owner (Stephen Mears, from the funeral directors opposite) told me that they are taking down the 'cage' structure - he said it made the place look like Beirut! When I spoke to him the Saturday before last he sounded very upbeat about the whole shop... on another front, the Linen Shop (which was planning to close because of flooding from the flat upstairs) are now saying that they are hoping to stay open until Christmas and are re-stocking this week.