LA Fitness Membership Rates

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
c

LA Fitness Membership Rates

Post by c »

Having never even considered joining a gym before now, I'm completely ignorant of whether membership rates are negotiable or only as published.

LA Fitness say they are putting up their rates after tomorrow, due to the recent refurbishment, so I probably will join tomorrow anyway...
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

I'd say generally people are better off joining the UK fitness network. You can use about 90 or so sports centres in London (round here that includes Crystal Palace Sports centre, Beckenham spa, Dulwich Leisure centre), its pretty good value and there's no contract.
c

Post by c »

Thanks for the advice, Juwlz.

The reason I'm considering LAF is it's only a 5 minute walk away for me, so I'd use it several times a week. I'd probably only manage once a week (as I do now) if it was any further! :wink:
Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

If you don't mind queuing for a cross trainer etc then go for it... or perhaps the refurb was to diminish that problem!? :roll:
c

Post by c »

I only want to use the pool, but I even had to queue for that last night! It is ridiculously small - three people were swimming so I had to wait. Luckily not a long wait, as two of them got out just after I got in. The girl who showed me around on Friday night rang me today & when I mentioned this she said that Monday is the busiest night.

I can't believe how poor the ladies' changing room is either! I thought that paying hundreds of pounds a year would at least mean a proper changing room with private cubicles & doors on the showers! It's so small that two is a crowd in there...

Glad I looked at their website & signed up for a free 3 day trial before deciding.

I'd join JAGS in Dulwich, which is cheaper & has a proper pool (I'm told the gym is good too) but as it is not within walking distance, I don't think I'd use it enough. :(
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Crystal Palace sports centre is good. You can use the walk/run there & back as part of your fitness regime!
digime2007

Post by digime2007 »

Anyone know their current membership rates for no frills single club anytime access?

I've tried phoning in the past but they always say I have to go in and speak to one of their advisors. I'm really not a fan of sales people.