will you be my valentine?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!

any guys wanna go to glamour lounge for date on 14/2/06?

Poll ended at 15 Feb 2006 00:03

yes
No votes
no
No votes

Total votes: 0

SamC

will you be my valentine?

Post by SamC »

are there any straight guys looking for a date :?: i plan to go to the glamour lounge on tuesday. would anyone like to meet :?: i plan to get there about 7.30. be there or be square :!:
XSamanthaX
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

You for real ??? :?

good luck with that
SamC

hi goonachamp

Post by SamC »

yes i am for real. i have not been to the glamour lounge and i thought it is local to us. as you were the first to reply to me, how would you like to come for a blind date.? to be honest i am really nervous about it but tomorrow is valentines day and i will be alone. my boyfriend works on an oilreg for exxon oils in the north sea. he gets back on the 27/2/06. what do you reckon. are you worth it.?
XSamanthaX
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Errrr .... I'm not sure picking up gentlemen is the right thing here - especially when it's not me (sob).

On the other hand if you can both assure me that your sojourn to our new Sydenham venue was purely for research and that we can look forward to a full and frank review of the night (well the Glamour Lounge anyway) then I guess you might make an old man happy 8)

Your luvvin' admin
SamC

valentines

Post by SamC »

hi admin sorry by the time i got to read this reply from you, JR aka John Ross has pm'd me and we have swapped numbers. we are meeting at the glamour lounge tonight. i am looking forward to it because i have not had a decent night out in ages. thankyou for responding to my post. come down if you want. it will be a laugh. my best mate laura who is divorced and good looking will be there as well. she is 30. she lives in dulwich. hope to see you there :D
XSamanthaX
admin
Site Admin

Re: valentines

Post by admin »

SamC wrote:my best mate laura who is divorced and good looking will be there as well. she is 30. She lives in dulwich. hope to see you there :D
I'd be divorced too if I stood up the lady who woke me with a glass of pink champagne this morning ... Enjoy this evening. Don't forget that GL review!

Admin
SamC

hi admin

Post by SamC »

hi admin. i cannot give you a review of the glamour lounge as my hot date of the night (jr) blew me out at the last minute. :cry: i wont tell you what he said. it was not very nice. jr sent a text about half hour before i was about to leave. i hope he reads this. :evil: i did not want to go to the glamour lounge in the end because i dont want to be the laughing stock of sydenham. :oops: so me and laura went to croydon in the end. we still had a laugh. got back at 3.00 this morning. :wink:
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Sam,

Can I suggest if you do not want to be the laughing stock of Sydenham, stop posting on the forum. You are starting to sound desperate. I hope you do not get taken up on your offer(s), it would be a sorry day in Sydenham if someone took advantage of such an unhappy person.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Hey folks - loosen'up.

Lets move the debate to whether the Cafe is the right place to date or is the Glamour Lounge worth a visit. PM is the best place for personal comments IMHO.

(Virtual) luv & kisses to all,
Stuart
Ginge

Post by Ginge »

I think certain people need to chill out and not make assumptions about others so called 'desperation' when it was clearly an invitation to go out, have fun and a few glasses of the good stuff.

If I'm correct, 'JR' has been impolite to other users in other topics on the forum.

Good luck in your quest!!
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

I assume by "certain people" you mean me. If all it was meant to be was an invitation for a drink/fun etc why was Sam so upset when JR declined her invitation!! Maybe the forum is not the best place to advertise your personal life however lighthearted your intentions.
Ginge

Post by Ginge »

Global thinker I completely agree with your view that the forum is not the best place to advertise but to be let down whatever the situation, especially when somebody does it in a not particularly nice fashion can be upsetting.

I apologise, as it was unfair of me to single you out in a public forum, handshake offered.
BET

Post by BET »

I've got a good idea - why don't we all move on to the next topic?
lemonade

A new topic

Post by lemonade »

Well said Bet!
So what shall we talk about?
Err errr errrrrr I know...
What happened to the large black cat which was reported by a few. Apparently it was spotted in the Sydenham area.
Was it a hoax or some well overfed domestic cat?
Does anyone know more? Did any forum members actually witness it?
sarahc

black cat

Post by sarahc »

I certainly did not witness it - but my dad drinks in the same place that the said man (who was 'attacked') does. I saw the guy and admittedly he did have scratches etc etc and I don't think he's a liar.......... but a panther in Sydenham??? I don't think so. If Sydenham was way out in the sticks, then maybe. Where can an animal that size realistically hide? Surely people would spot it in parks and gardens? Maybe the man involved had a few too many and it was just a big black old tom cat..........
GLOBAL THINKER

Post by GLOBAL THINKER »

Ginge,

Handshake accepted, let's move forward. :arrow: