vegan food

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
lizzie

vegan food

Post by lizzie »

This might be a bit of a tall order, but can anyone recommend anywhere locally (Syd, CP, FH, Brixton?) that would be good for vegans? Or at least a decent vegetarian place? I know the Trattoria makes a good cheese free pizza and pasta but I'm looking for some alternatives.

Thanks,
Liz
The Clown

Post by The Clown »

Have you been to the Kaya House in Deptford.
It has a very basic / small cafe type seating area but the food is nice
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

I did notice there's a new caribbean veggie place in CP - in fact it might even be vegan I can't remember, but it says what it is on the shop front,

I haven't been there so don't know whether its any good – its on Church road, kind of opposite the White hart pub.
Susie1791

Post by Susie1791 »

I really recommend The Domali Cafe in Westow Street in CP. Here are some reviews...http://www.london-eating.co.uk/2751.htm
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

I second the Domali Cafe, friendly and nice food.
Ann Pownall

Post by Ann Pownall »

A must for vegan food is The Vegan Caribbean Cafe at 105 Church Rd, Crystal Palace, SE19 2PR. It has been there for a few years but until recently was called The Spirited Palace.

The food is fantastic, and you don't have to be vegan to enjoy it. The staff are very friendly.

There is also the MA'AT centre vegetarian cafe and juice bar at 129 Rushy Green, Catford, SE6 4AA. The food here is mostly vegan. I haven't been there myself yet but have read good things about it.
JeeBee

Post by JeeBee »

I'll second Domalis, although they do also do (delicious) fish dishes.