Wanted - Old wheels etc for Scouting go-kart race

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
SydenhamHillAndy

Wanted - Old wheels etc for Scouting go-kart race

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

Hi all,

A local Scout group is having a go-kart competition next month.

Does anyone have any old wheels (prams, bikes etc) or strong wood, steering wheel or seat to help us create a go-kart for this competition?

It would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy
Yellow Peril

Post by Yellow Peril »

Hi Andy,
Actually, I do! I have the best part of two kiddie beds made from, I believe pine.
PM me if you still need it.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Just don't do what I did all those years ago and get an uncle to fit a chainsaw engine transfering power through a rusty bicycle chain to the rear axle.

The summer of 1993 saw possibly the fastest wooden Go-kart whizzing round Wells Park at break-neck speed.

Happy days. Until dad found out.
MartinH

Post by MartinH »

If you require any welding I would be happy to offer my services FOC.
Mech-Weld 0208 690 5259.
SydenhamHillAndy

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

Wow, thanks for the offers. Yellow Peril, I've PM'ed you.

Regarding the welding, I'll come back to you on that but it's very generous and I'm sure we'll take you up on it. Having great difficulty getting wheels at the moment. Will probably end up loitering at the dump tomorrow, if you see a bearded man raking through the bins it will probably be me......

Cheers
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

My son just pulled out of soccer club at school and I suggested to him and his wee brother that instead we should design and build a go-cart now that we have the space and longs days.

Some drawings have already been made and now we too have to source some wheels and more besides.

We're not scouts though.

I'll be making a film of our progress. Any others out there want to do the same? Perhaps a go cart show down at some point over the summer?

http://sydenhamshots.co.uk