Girl Guides- Rainbows

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
SydenhamHillAndy

Girl Guides- Rainbows

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

Hi all-
My daughter is itching to join the Girl Guides' Rainbows group for 5-7 yr olds. Does anyone know a group locally? (I'm in Upper Sydenham, and with current traffic issues, would love to find one as close as possible! :o) )

Thanks for any tips in advance

Mrs SydenhamHillAndy
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Hi Mrs SHA,

I think there's one at the Grove Centre on Jews Walk on Wednesdays, or at least there was last year. Finishing around 6:30? I used to pass one as I took my daughter to the Brownies at St. Barts at that time. I'll try and remember to have a look at the board next time I'm passing....

The Girl Guiding helpline isn't very good for information - I asked where the local Brownies were in Sydenham and they gave me a contact in Orpington!

Emma.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

The Girl Guiding helpline isn't very good for information - I asked where the local Brownies were in Sydenham and they gave me a contact in Orpington!
That was actually one of the Girl Guides cunning processes of elimination, mummycat.

If the recruit can't find her local H.Q. Then there's no future for her in the 'regiment'.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

Hi,

There is one that is held in the church hall at the top of Ormanton Road. It actually comes under Forest Hill. The road is directly opposite Perry Vale Dental Surgery (so basically at the bottom of Mayow Road). My friend, Colleen, runs it and I believe it is on Tuesdays.

HTH.

:D
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Grove Centre, term time Weds 5-6:15pm.

Best thing to do is turn up to see if there's a waiting list, if not she might be offered a free session as a trial.
SydenhamHillAndy

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

Thanks for your help everyone - Grove Park emailed me yesterday and said Rainbows no longer runs... :o( Have contacted HQ and asked for my closest centre...we'll see whether Orpington comes up!

Thanks for the Forest Hill tip, will go and recce that

Kirstie
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Sad that, I wondered why I hadn't seen many Rainbows in Sydenham recently. HQ may tell you to wait for a clear night to follow the North Star to find a pack!

The Beavers (boys equivalent 6-9y) take girls at St Philips on a Tuesday night if she's a bit of a Tom Boy.
sarahc

Post by sarahc »

Please do check it out. The church and hall is lovely and new and Colleen is sooooooo nice. My eldest went to Rainbows there and LOVED it. Have a walk up one Tuesday evening and go nosey. Brownies is straight after, then Guides. So she's there till 8pm I think.

Sarah