Tower Hotel Crystal Palace

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
natbeuk

Tower Hotel Crystal Palace

Post by natbeuk »

Does anyone know what this place is like? We're considering it for the in-laws as it seems to be the only local place that doesn't get bad reviews.. but that could be because there don't seem to be any reviews online at all!

We did look at Melrose House but it's full for the required dates unfortunately.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

I suppose it depends what you think of your in-laws!

I have heard some horror stories about it, but then you never know whether they are just made up.

We have used a few of the 'local' hotels, when we have had friends and family staying, and can fully recommend the Bromley Court Hotel, which is just off London Road in Downham.
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

http://www.foxhill-bandb.co.uk/foxhill- ... lcome.html

This place looks lovely. I'd love to stay there myself.... I might do one day.
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

You could try the Queens Hotel on CHurch Rd in Crystal Palace. A business colleague stayed there recently and it was ok and very reasonably priced.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

Oops!

Apologies - it wasn't the Tower Hotel that I had heard nightmare stories about; I would hate to do any local business a disservice, so please ignore my previous post in this thread.
natbeuk

Post by natbeuk »

Just a quick note to say that the in-laws ended up staying at the Goodwood Hotel in Beckenham and they really recommend it. Apparently it has been recently refurbished and while their room wasn't large it was very nice, plus they had a good breakfast, friendly management, etc.
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

Good to know. Thanks.