Best London Pub Garden competition

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Juwlz

Best London Pub Garden competition

Post by Juwlz »

I heard thru the grapevine there's going to be a BBC radio competition for best London Pub Garden, and it might be worth dropping a line to the Robert Elms show on Radio London to mention The Dolphin garden as this is surely a worthy contender.

Send emails to: robert.elms@bbc.co.uk
Rebelmc

Post by Rebelmc »

Except it's not an official competition, there's no prize and they aren't interested in any other aspect of the pub, just the garden; it sounded more like an excuse for Bob and his gardener to go somewhere for a beer, which means not much South of the river will get a look in, as Elms thinks this is a foreign country and you need some kind of special visa to get here.

Having said that, I suppose there's a chance a local boozer might get a mention, which isn't a bad thing.

I actually prefer the distinctly less sterile efforts of the Golden Lion, with it's creative use of bath tubs and sinks as planters.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Yep, good call Juwlz.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

it seems a strange competition to run on the radio....
JeeBee

Post by JeeBee »

How about a competition for worst pub garden (actively advertised as a beer garden).

Although not a contender, The Gypsy Hill Tavern garden looks like it has been attacked by giant were-squirrels.
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

Good one, Rebelmc. I have lived and worked N of the Thames...Not a patch on what we have to offer...Or maybe I'm just being provocative.
Also, yes, I quite like the bath-tub effect of the Golden Lion.