Weird mail

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
a_baron

Weird mail

Post by a_baron »

Today I received a letter in an A4 envelope; the addresse was handwritten, but the intended recipient was Ken Livingstone. Thinking it was some sort of joke from one of my contacts I opened it to find a three page word processed rant against women who take perambulators on buses.

Has anyone else in Sydenham received one of these?
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

I recieved them when I was living in Forest Hill last summer. I got three deliveries in total. All written in capital letters and all addressing injustices way out of my control. Mainly to do with public transport no longer being public transport in that the general public were being priced out.

Two colleagues of mine who live in Peckham have recieved quite a few of them. On occasion they can be quite an engaging read and they're often plastered outside the entrance to Peckham Rye station.
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

Couple of years ago Newlands Park road was littered with small photocopied notes which stated, amongst other things, named individuals of Israeli nationality who,it claimed, were responsible for the 9-11 outrage.

It was rather strange to find international conspricay theories littering a suburban south London street, in these days of www.theinternet.com
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

i wish i got this kind of mail.

beats takeaway menus.