Sydenham Co-Op

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Wolfie - I'll play your version in my head every time I see that ad from now on. It will stop me throwing my claw hammer at the tv.
mosy

Post by mosy »

On the original what if topic, I'll never understand why the main entrance is not on the corner. Corner shops were always prized (including in feng shui). For this shop, it'd have a double welcoming aspect from both Mayow Road and Lower Sydenham, plus it's an obvious entrance from the car park and for pedestrians it'd be closer to the pedestrian crossing from the other side of the road.

Not sure about silver birch. There are two which look like white birch at the top end of Silverdale close to the old sorting office that have grown to over three storeys high so would obscure the side view of the shop and branches hang down well below head height on those. Also, the pavement isn't very wide there so the squares of soil needed for trees would eat into the footway/trolley way.

Planters inbetween the bollards perhaps, though could be used as rubbish bins. It's a tricky one. If the corner is not to be used as an entrance, perhaps something could sit in there. Not sure what though...

Regarding the new store itself, I notice they have shiny new baskets also. Black plastic this time. I was forever complaining about the old blue ones being permanently dirty - maybe they're hoping we can't see the muck on these ;)
Savvy

Post by Savvy »

....yes nice new baskets which curve into your body shape. Also... if you spend more than £20 you get £4 back... don't know how long this offer will last so hurry.
poppy

Post by poppy »

Do Co-Op own the pavement too?

Those trollies lined up outside look awful, and a tad ambitious! Do they really think they will need that many. Surely they can't be allowed to do that if they do not own the land??

Outside Co-Op, along Sydenham Road is a perfect spot for six or seven trees, the pavement there is really very wide! :)
Trawlerman

Post by Trawlerman »

The trolleys really don't look that bad. There are far worse things than a few trolleys lined up. [Aren't there?]

The Two Half's ... What's that? The Two Half's What?
[Geddit?]

Chewing gum blobs on the pavement...Yeuugh, agh, huurrrgh!!! etc

Trees are nice.

Anyway...Good luck to the Co-Op. I'm all for ethical trading etc.