WELLS PARK ROAD -FRIED CHICKEN SHOP-??

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
goonerchamp

WELLS PARK ROAD -FRIED CHICKEN SHOP-??

Post by goonerchamp »

I have just had a discussion with a member of staff at the Spar on Wells Park road and apparently the disused area of the shop (currently stock rooms) is going to be turned into a MORLEYS Fried Chicken shop.

This is the first I have heard about this but the shop worker said that they have permisson to go through with this development and it should be open within 6 Months.

Can anyone chsed some light on this ?? - its the first I have heard of it.

I think people on Wells Park road - who have to put up with the hoards of hooded low lifes hanging around outside the current Spar and the nearby phonebox would have some concerns and Im very suprised that this has "Got the go ahead" only quoting the shop worker.

Please forgive if this is a duplicate thread but Im not impressed by this news.

:twisted: :evil:
paulhgc

Post by paulhgc »

not anothr chicken shop :roll:
Ginge

Post by Ginge »

There is already a chicken shop up that end, wonder what they think of the extra competition?! Bose Chicken Shop is normally part of the leaving process as I depart the Windmill!
JAKES ANGEL

Post by JAKES ANGEL »

EXCELLENT !!!!! just what the local kids need, good wholesome nourishment. A Morleys Chicken emporium inside a Spar shop, it would be really funny if it was'nt so sad. Now they can sit outside the shop all night and dont even have to go home for dinner. What a good start in life.
paulhgc

Post by paulhgc »

maybee its a halal meat chicken shop
Juwlz

Fried chicken shop

Post by Juwlz »

Does anyone know if there is a way this can be stopped?
The Eagle

Re: Fried chicken shop

Post by The Eagle »

Juwlz wrote:Does anyone know if there is a way this can be stopped?
Why would you want to stop it . :lol:
Kids need somewhere to hang out :)
You should get out a lot more :wink:
Juwlz

Chicken shop

Post by Juwlz »

Haha. I would reply but I'm out of course. :oops:
leaf

Post by leaf »

seems to be true,i spoke to someone in there and they say that it should be up and running in 1-2 months time.

dont see the problem really,if you dont like fried chicken,dont go there!

having a fried chicken shop there does it really mean the hoodies will eat more chicken? i dont think so they only have to go around the corner to get an array of unhealthy take-aways anyway,so whats the problem?

a few years back there were about 4 shops along that parade,its good to see something different.
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

you obviously don't live in the area or don't mind having to put up with the scummy sh1tbags that hang outside the Spar and torment current shoppers the shop staff and passers by.

:evil:
leaf

Post by leaf »

gooner
actually i do live quite near there and i use that shop when taking my children home from school,yes im aware of the teens you speak of,but no they dont torment me or anyone else ive ever seen,but then maybe thats because i dont have a problem with them because i have no preconceived ideas about them based on what they look like.

have you ever been 'tormented by them?
Juwlz

Fried chicken shop

Post by Juwlz »

Leaf - Its fine for you to say don't eat there if you don't like it, but the fact is its mostly going to be kids eating the stuff and they aren't in a position to have much of a choice in the matter. I think we should be protecting kids from unhealthy foods, but if it's there they're gonna eat it. I'd be interested to know whether you're going to be feeding your kids there on a regular basis?
My other objection to the whole idea is that its going to be almost opposite the gorgeous and immaculate Wells park - surely its likely that a lot o the wrappings are going to end up discarded there? I hope I'm wrong.
The Eagle

Re: Fried chicken shop

Post by The Eagle »

Juwlz wrote:Leaf - My other objection to the whole idea is that its going to be almost opposite the gorgeous and immaculate Wells park - surely its likely that a lot o the wrappings are going to end up discarded there? I hope I'm wrong.

Don't be silly...........Kids do not play in the parks these days :lol:
leaf

Post by leaf »

juwlz

i wont be feeding my children from that chicken shop,because i dont like that sort of food and neither do my children,i can't see the difference between this new chicken emporium and the one around the corner!

as for rubbish,there could be lots of rubbish outside spar for the same reason but there isnt because the staff endevour to keep outside tidy,which im sure they will do with this shop.

as for the kids who you say will be eating the stuff,if they are that young as to not know about what is a healthy thing to eat,then i would assume they wouldnt have any money to pay for their own take-aways?
Juwlz

Fried pigeon shop

Post by Juwlz »

When I say kids I am mostly talking about teenagers. They are usually the main customers of fried chicken shops – they certainly have enough money to buy the food there - if not then I expect the whole enterprise will go down the drain rapidly.
leaf

Post by leaf »

have a look in the chicken shop in kirkdale,you will find that there are many adults that buy there.

when all is said and done the shop is going to open whatever we all think about it!

i wont be going in there because i like my own cooking!
Juwlz

Fried pigeon shop

Post by Juwlz »

Well as you say, it seems that its going to happen anyway, but I just can't see why you're bothering to defend it, especially if you're not planning on eating there. Since there's already a chicken shop nearby I fail to see how its 'something different' but there you go, obviously someone thinks its worth their while to open it. By the way I'm not against fast-food shops per se, I sometimes get fish and chips from Kentmans on Kirkdale, but personally I wouldn't touch one of those battery-chicken-grease-nightmares with a bargepole.
leaf

Post by leaf »

as you say im not going to be using it myself and neither are you so why are you attacking it in the same way as i am defending it?

it doesnt matter!!

its not really that important!!

on the other hand given its location,if you did have a say,what would you like to see there instead of a chicken shop?
Juwlz

fried pigeon shop

Post by Juwlz »

Ok, fair enough. A fast food shop could be quite handy, so If it has to be food, then any other kind of food other than fried chicken, maybe a kebab shop or another fish and chip shop or a cafe. A shop that happened to sell fried chicken along with other more edible types for food would be fine by me.
leaf

Post by leaf »

ive only just noticed your post subject heading!!

lol