Some minor observations

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
bigbadwolf

Re: Some minor observations

Post by bigbadwolf »

Tell me, Hill Dweller. Were you brought under suspicion by the obsessive moderator/administrator's pet SeanMacGabhann? If you were, don't take it personally. He's got a thing for me, in that whenever he encounters a newcomer to the EDF who doesn't follow the herd, he defaults to his favourite, deflective dismissal, 'it's bigbadwolf posting under another username', when infact it isn't.
Hill Dweller

Post by Hill Dweller »

I managed to fall foul of quite a few there actually and immediately ... ho hum. Having read around first, as one does rather than just bursting in and going 'HI, LOOK AT ME look at me la la lahhhh' I posted honestly on a thread where I just happened to disagree with the majority on it and felt the other PoV was needed. I wasn't playing devil's advocate. By the next morning there were three posting about their positivity that I was you or vice versa.

However, after a few days I 'walked', the threats (from those with the oppo to make them) were getting on my nerves, I'll resist the verb we know I must :lol: . Haven't looked in again, no point. I get fed up with places whether cyber or RL where people can't do the face to face and go off in to a huddle elsewhere to do some 'about'ing.
Duke of Clarence

Post by Duke of Clarence »

bigbadwolf wrote: Oh, and Duke of Clarence, you're almost certainly a member of the EDF, but I haven't quite figured-out who you are on there, yet.
Now, now Virginia it's not nice to accuse people of being an EDFer, it could come across as needy heffer and I'm no heffer you cheeky mare :roll: nor do I post on there. The key protagonists, always keen to share their superior knowledge of, like urm, every-bleeding-thing, drives me nuts but the way the majority of threads evolve into pointless bickerthons can sometimes be amusing.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Please excuse my undoubted ignorance but what is EDFer.

Hey Duke
Glad you survived that Barrel of Malmsbury Wine. ( Hope I got that correct )
Duke of Clarence

Post by Duke of Clarence »

Eagle wrote:Please excuse my undoubted ignorance but what is EDFer.

Hey Duke
Glad you survived that Barrel of Malmsbury Wine. ( Hope I got that correct )
Hi Eagle,

You are excused! An EDFer is a person who posts on the East Dulwich Forum. Now I take it from your username that you are indeed of the male variety, probably a Palace supporter :shock: :shock: but then again maybe just a red blooded twitcher??

now must get back to me wine cellar, there's a barrel or two in need of a turn....
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

Eagle wrote:Please excuse my undoubted ignorance but what is EDFer.
Your typical EDFer is a peculiar breed, Eagle, but words can't really describe neo-liberals, so pictures will have to suffice:

And summing-up:

CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

We all know this is the best local forum.

There's a lot of competition in the world but sadly there is only a finite amount of attention that can be allocated.

They don't like it if, like me. you are.......Image
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Hey BBW,

I had to do a double take on pic one as I actually thought it was a couple of them :) .