Sainsburys

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Willy

Sainsburys

Post by Willy »

Anyone know what was being filmed last night in Sainsburys Sava Centre? The had cordoned off the beer and frozen food aisles which was very inconvenient!
Fatbackfour

Re: Sainsburys

Post by Fatbackfour »

They have used Sydenhams Sainsbury store to film several Jamie Oliver adverts in the past.
GillM

Post by GillM »

Yes they were filming a Jamie Oliver Red Nose day advert! JO did sign some of his books for people!
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

I like his work. I just made pancakes this morning. His recipe is so simple, one cup flour, one cup milk and an egg and you're all set. Yum.

I've cooked all sorts of his recipes and my kids love them.
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

We often put stewed apples on the pancakes and so the lads head off to school all set for a day's learning. Quick, easy and inexpensive. Simply mix it up and leave overnight.

I admire the fella.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

paultreacy wrote:I like his work. I just made pancakes this morning. His recipe is so simple, one cup flour, one cup milk and an egg and you're all set. Yum.

I've cooked all sorts of his recipes and my kids love them.
paultreacy wrote:We often put stewed apples on the pancakes and so the lads head off to school all set for a day's learning. Quick, easy and inexpensive. Simply mix it up and leave overnight.

I admire the fella.
Is that you, Jamie?
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

Ha!

Stuck inside too much. Cabin fever.
jogreen68

Post by jogreen68 »

I love JO, however the booze isle at that time of the evening, come on!
JeeBee

Post by JeeBee »

jogreen68 wrote:I love JO, however the booze isle at that time of the evening, come on!
Isn't that illegal or something!

Still, Lidl has some nice ales on for £1.19 a bottle at the moment. I don't know why the shop doesn't have shopping baskets though! :?
maestro

Post by maestro »

Jamie Oliver releases fastest selling door stop of all time

Jamie Oliver’s latest ‘book’ has become the fastest selling door stop of all time, selling 110,000 copies to mindless idiots in the last week alone.

Jamie’s 30-Minute Meals has sold 735,000 copies in 10 weeks, beating the previous door stop record held by comedian Peter Kay, whose memoir, The Sound of Laughter, is currently keeping thousands of troublesome doors completely wide open.

Jamie’s 30-Minute Meals, which contains some paper with words on, and is encased in hardback, has been described by one critic as “the ideal size and weight for keeping open the most stubborn of doors.”

“What we have here is a practical tome that will offer the owner reasonable levels of functionality long after they realise they have no intention of ever cooking anything within it.”

Experts have explained that Oliver’s new ‘book’ has really captured the imagination of people with absolutely no imagination.

Tom Tivnan, features editor of The Bookseller magazine explained, ”Christmas is a time when people will buy any old crap without using any thought whatsoever, and as such it is the perfect time for TV personalities to churn out any old bollocks.”

“It will some become clear to the recipient of the book that if they don’t have ingredients such as balsamic vinegar and goat’s cheese, substituting them with Sarsons and dairylea, will leave them falling well short of the fine dining experience they were hoping for.”

“Inevitably the book will take up its new role as door stop by the new year.”

Jamie Oliver was delighted at the news of the new record, ”£26 for a doorstop! Bish bash bosh dib dab dob wallop!” he told reporters, who spent the next 10 minutes wiping saliva from their faces.