Rail Warrants at Sydenham Station?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
digime2007

Rail Warrants at Sydenham Station?

Post by digime2007 »

Does anyone know if you can still use rail warrants at Sydenham Station to buy annual season tickets.

I'm filling out a form at work and I'm not entirely convinced by the conversation I've just had with Southern customer services.

Thanks.
DaveT

Re: Rail Warrants at Sydenham Station?

Post by DaveT »

Not allowed - according to the ATOC web site

http://www.atocrailwarrants.org/the-rai ... nt-account

states:

Each warrant, after completion, can then be exchanged at staffed stations for rail tickets (except season tickets).

* but later on it does mention season ticket rail warrant accounts - is that what you have?
digime2007

Post by digime2007 »

I think I'd be looking at a 'season ticket rail warrant' which can be used for annual tickets.

My concern is whether the station still accepts these now that it's run by London Overground.

When I had my paper ticket reprinted there some time a go they weren't even sure if they could do that anymore. Turned out it was fine but I things obviously change.
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

London Overground, like Southern before them, are a Train Operating Company, therefore a member of ATOC and a subscriber to the National Conditions of Carriage.

Therefore whatever you used to be able to do at Sydenham when it was operated by Southern, you should still be able to do now it is operated by London Overground.

And if not, speak to LOROL Customer Services.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/project ... 15398.aspx
digime2007

Post by digime2007 »

Thanks Checkmate.

Southern customer services did say it would be OK but not without contradicting themselves and generally sounding confused. Looks like I should have spoken to LOROL.