Kelvin Grove primary school

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Will

Kelvin Grove primary school

Post by Will »

Morning all!

We're in the process of moving to the area and wondered and wondered if anyone had any views/experience of Kelvin Grove primary school (which will be our nearest school). We've looked at all the usual sources (including Lewisham's incredibly slow web site...) - seems to be a fairly mixed picture, in that 7/8 years back the school was clearly in trouble, it picked up massively in recent years (to be well above average) and has in the last year fallen back fairly dramatically.

All of the above is based on league tables (so never tell the whole story) but we'd really appreciate any views/experiences of the school (in particular why the sudden rise/fall).

Thanks!
stuart

Post by stuart »

Hi Will,

St Barts School, Peak Hill is probably your other alternative. It had a good reputation probably partly because of its intake. My daughter went there 1994 - 2001 so I'm not up to date.

Stuart
Annie

St Barts School

Post by Annie »

:D
My Children went to St Barts,
and we were very happy with the School but it was a few years back and now has a different Head, But from what i hear from other people it is still as good.
sian744

Post by sian744 »

Hi there

i know all about Kelvin grove school.........my son attended that school.

The headteacher of the school has left/retired and i guess that might be a reason to why the school has somewhat changed.

There is more to the story which i don't wish to post on here but am happy to pm you with more info should you require??

Sian
leaf

Post by leaf »

there is a new head at kelvin grove school and he is a good bloke[and dare i say it an improvement on the last!],in my opinion it is generally a good school,dont pay too much attention to league tables,as they only reflect the sats results of two year 6 classes from one year to the next,if your child is bright they will do well pretty much anywhere imo.

there are v.good facilities at kelvin grove,interactive whiteboards in ALL classes i know of private schools that dont even have this!

you will hear good and bad reports of any school as one can only comment on your own experiences,why dont you go and have a look round.

good luck whatever you decide! :D