"White Tiger" kittens

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
chrisj1948

"White Tiger" kittens

Post by chrisj1948 »

On 11th December last year I was at the Mayow Road Vet's to collect Percy the cat. Whist I was in the waiting room there was also present a gentleman with a carrying cage containing two kittens with unusual mackerel tabby markings such that they looked like small white tigers. I thought that they were the most beautiful kittens I had ever seen, and promptly fell in love with them.

Percy's illness proved to be terminal. and Mary and I are now eager to get another couple of cats. I would very much like cats like the ones I saw. If the owner of them reads this and recognises himself I would be very grateful if he could get in touch to let me know the breed and breeder. Exhaustive Internet searching still has not shown any cats quite as fine.

Regards
Chris
0845 126 0680
bigbadwolf

Re: "White Tiger" kittens

Post by bigbadwolf »

Firstly, and this isn't a joke, but at first glance I can't blame you for thinking otherwise, they're called Toygers. It's a rare breed still in the infancy of its development, so getting you paws on one may prove difficult, but I'm by no means an expert on feline procurement, so I may be wrong.

Secondly, what's with the 0845 number?
Hill Dweller

Post by Hill Dweller »

Good grief :(

http://www.toygers.org/about.html

Interbreeding? Apparently labradoodles have the weak characteristics of both ingredient parents.

Can't the vets themselves help Chris? Perhaps just by passing on a letter to their other client?

chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

Hill Dweller:

We tried the vets. It appears that unless the kittens had an appointment with a vet, rather than a nurse or 'just passing through', there would be no record of them, and there was no record.

BBW:

We have checked out Toygers, most particularly the four UK breeders who are trying to achieve the look of a White Siberian Tiger, but their offerings were more like tabbies than the kittens I saw.

As to the 0845 number; it goes to the phone in my computer room. I have worked from three different locations in the last ten years, but the 0845 number moves with me. You mean that you do not have one :?:

Regards
Chris
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

You may want to investigate Bengal cats, although as far as I'm aware, they aren't available in the black and mackerel coat/scheme. But that's nothing a bit of food colouring can't fix.

With regards to the number you attached; it wasn't really my business to ask, but I'm incorrigibly nosey and I hadn't seen it prefix a home number before. And to answer your question, I rely on a mobile for incoming and outgoing calls. In fact, I once wondered if it would be fun to attach my skype number to my forum profile, just to see what kind of forum users or nutters would want get in touch.
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

Bengals are attractive, but they tend to have leopard rather than tiger markings. At one time we wondered about getting a Savannah, but the attractive ones are the F1 hybrids and are classed as dangerous animals. What such a beast would make of the bull terriers which abound in Sydenham is an interesting question. I suspect we may end up with Russian Blues; we had two brothers years ago and they were delightful cats.

Regards
Chris
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

for a second I thought this might have been me, and my two cats (8 months? maybe still kittens), but I checked and I'm fairly sure I wasn't in the vets on Sat 11th Dec.
but my cats are good looking, and tabby, one white, one dark grey.
I think I have an album in my webshots gallery - go to www.webshots.com, and search for Crastney (that's me - kind of), and the look for albums, and hopefully one'll be our kittens (Vegas and Fiji).

we rescued them from a friend's friend's back garden - a stray had given birth in the shed.
maestro

Post by maestro »

Nickerbockers

Post by Nickerbockers »

Don't you need to mourn poor Percy first?? :(
chrisj1948

Post by chrisj1948 »

Thrift, thrift, Horatio, the funeral bak'd-meats
Did coldly furnish forth the marriage tables.

Hamlet Act 1 Scene 2

Regards
Chris
Iris

Post by Iris »

maestro wrote:found this on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMUaH4v5Qj0
To have the resemblance of a tiger?
Hope they don't go out in the garden!

Battersea is desparte to get a good home for cats
ADOPT A SHELTER CAT, they need a home... and they are as beautiful as any of these.

Or not to be confused with Tiger out of Winnie the pooh!!
Cross a fox and a duck and you get a .....