Can you recommend an Estate Agent?!

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Suzee

Can you recommend an Estate Agent?!

Post by Suzee »

Following on from all the recent estate agent threads, I'd like to ask if anyone could recommend an estate agent they have used to sell their property in Sydenham? We are looking to sell our flat but there are so many to choose from. Apart from the fees and websites advertised on, I'd like to know which ones people have found hard-working and pleasant... and honest!
Thanks,
Sue

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
The Eagle

Re: Can you recommend an Estate Agent?!

Post by The Eagle »

Here is my experience

Positive = Robinson Jackson
Neutral = Acorn
Negative = Manns
randomv

Post by randomv »

Despite my initial reservations, Acorn recently did a brilliant job of selling my place in a very tough Market.
Avoid kFh is my only other advice.

G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Property world, family run, independent and Dan is a great chap.

G-Man
Del Piero

Post by Del Piero »

I have had a good experience with Mann Countrywide in Sydenham. They are competitive on fees and have several branches in the more expensive locations in south London which increased the exposure of our property to the market we were targetting. Disagree on Propety World - I found them rather beligerent.
yummymummy

Post by yummymummy »

I would recommend Property World and agree that Dan (and Richard) is fab. They sold our house and we bought our new property through them.
sandra99

Post by sandra99 »

Certainly would recommend Mann Countrywide. They acted efficiently and professionally on every aspect of our sale. Nothing was ever too much trouble and their friendly manner was always attractive. We found it beneficial with them having numerous offices which attracted a broader clientele. Every detail was carefully outlined and discussed so there were no hidden agendas.
bigbadwolf

Post by bigbadwolf »

I wonder what username the manager of Mann Countrywide's Sydenham branch will come up with next, in order to falsely promote the company they work for...
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Last edited by mummycat on 17 Jul 2011 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

I've never sold a property - but I bought one here in Kent a few months ago. I bought from Robinson Jackson and they were fantastic.
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Draw your own conclusions about Manns!!!!!

Two first time posters on here praising them up with salesman like langague.
sandra99

Post by sandra99 »

Oh dear Big bad wolf & Eagle - you are suspicious ones aren't you. I maybe a first time user but I can assure that I have no affiliation with Mann other than the fact they sold my house for me in Hall Drive. And they successfully sold the house behind me in Lawrie Park Avenue at the same time. I worked at the opticians in Sydenham High Road not at any estate agents. Hope this lays your suspicions to rest. Sandra Blackman who speaks the salesman speak - apparently
Labanised

Post by Labanised »

Hi,
I can recommend Dan at Property World without hesitation.
Great team there and they know and care about their business.

They gave me a bottle of wine and a guide to Sydenham and Forest Hill (history of the area) when I moved into my place.
clayton2

Post by clayton2 »

Manns saw me recently and gave me the lowest valuation and the highest fees for selling our flat so will avoid them like the plague. the salesman asked no questions at all and just did a presentation.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Labanised wrote:Hi,
I can recommend Dan at Property World without hesitation.
Great team there and they know and care about their business.

They gave me a bottle of wine and a guide to Sydenham and Forest Hill (history of the area) when I moved into my place.
I go the book but no bottle of wine...I'll have words... :lol:

Also, with property world you actually see the guys out and about so they have to be good at what they do.

G-Man
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Thanks for all your comments, it's a tricky one but I'm all for an agent with local knowledge who will promote the area as well as the property.
Anyone have any experience with Bairstow Eves? They have a tempting introductory offer on!

mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Last edited by mummycat on 17 Jul 2011 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Giddysquid

Post by Giddysquid »

Having had a valuation from a few of Sydenham's estate agents, I found than Mann were the most pushy and I really wouldn't want to deal with them on that basis. They seemed to want to tell me more about the success of their company than about how to sell my flat and I almost felt that they wouldn't leave. I still keep getting irritating follow up calls half a year later. :?
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

sandra99 wrote:Oh dear Big bad wolf & Eagle - you are suspicious ones aren't you. I maybe a first time user but I can assure that I have no affiliation with Mann
I'm sure their apologies will be forthcoming when you've made a few more posts on other subjects :lol:
corby

Post by corby »

I to am a first time poster, but read this thread and thought that I had to post something on here. I have recently bought and sold property in the area. I moved from Forest Hill to the upper Sydenham area.

All I say is be weary of choosing Mann countrywide. I could suggest they may act as better agents if they are selling your property.

In contrast I sold via KFH and they got me a really good price on my property within a week of it being on the market. They kept me updated on everything and chased up on everything when I asked. Only thing I was wary about was on how they may have treated my buyers. I got the feeling they may well have not kept them in the loop as much as they maybe should have. Regardless if I was to sell again I would probably go with KFH.

I think it is more to do with the individual rather than the actual estate agency, so maybe bear that in mind. However unfortunately when you are buying a property, you cannot choose who you deal with and in Mann Countrywide there were a lot of individuals who I would not like to deal with ever again.

---------
This post has been edited by Admin