Can you recommend an Estate Agent?!

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
mummycat

Re: Can you recommend an Estate Agent?!

Post by mummycat »

Last edited by mummycat on 17 Jul 2011 21:57, edited 1 time in total.
mummycat

Post by mummycat »

Gee thanks! :lol:
corby

Post by corby »

Buying a house is stressfull, I have done it a few times before, but have never come across estate agents like those that work at Mann Countrywide. So really just a word of warning or anyone thinking of using them really.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Corby. I understand you have an issue an Estate Agency and appear to have registered here to express that. You have made very serious allegations that if untrue in whole or even in part puts this Forum in jeopardy.

I will PM you about this and I would be grateful if you could respond to that before posting again on this issue.

Admin
sophie

Post by sophie »

My friends sold their place through Wooster & Stock and were very happy with them. They took great pictures and the spiel that goes with them is really good. Also, not long after moving they were sent a book made up from the photos of their place - it was a nice gesture and lovely memories for them.

I bought from Proctor years ago and they were excellent - shame they are no longer on the highstreet.
tonyade

Post by tonyade »

Property World? Fine if you're a seller; awful if your a buyer (in my experience). I found them aggressive and a bit economical with the truth. Don't be sucked in by the patter; they are just as ruthless as the rest of them.

PS: I don't hold a grudge with them. Just found them horrible to difficult to deal with. And I was a first-time buyer!
clayton2

Post by clayton2 »

We are finding Robinson Jackson to be very good - good communications and pleasant to deal with. Acorn also impressed us when they came to value but gave very low valuation. KFH were terrible -never responded and our dealings with their Beckenham office re properties we want to view has been disastrous.

Having said that a note to their regional manager produced fast responses from both Forest Hill and Beckenham, some flowers and some first rate service since then in our search. Shame one has to complain to get this, but it is much appreciated when you get good service
Last edited by clayton2 on 4 May 2011 19:06, edited 1 time in total.
Susie1791

Post by Susie1791 »

Bairstow Eves have recently opened on the high street and their rates for selling are very competitive, they were the only Estate Agents on the street who were willing to negotiate on their rate, they won't offer a competitive rate for too long as it's obviously to encourage business in their door, but so far am very pleased with their service.
cmatthews

Post by cmatthews »

Hello

I know I am a first time "poster" but I have had a really good experience with Mann Countrywide and as I got on with the team there fairly well they mentioned this site so I could share my thoughts. I have recently purchased a property in East Dulwuch and my estate agent at Mann, Richard, was so helpful throughout the process that I am very glad I chose them. As a first time buyer there have been a number of issues with both my mortgage company and the solicitors which Richard assisted with advice through out. I also had a number of questions for the vendor after the completion of the sale which again Richard followed up with, even to the extent of booking a builder to come round and assist a month after completion (seriously good service!). I saw two other estate agents in Dulwich, who took me round a vast array of disappointing properties, ignoring the fact that I obviously wasnt terribly impressed and were quite pushy. I would throughly recommend Mann Countrywide (esp Richard).

Clare
patpat

Post by patpat »

Avoid Mann at all costs! The most unprofessional bunch I've ever had the mis-fortune to deal with. Went to view a property they were selling. Not only did the agent spend the entire viewing making a personal call on his mobile, but after I offered on the property I was then lied to repeatedly regarding the status of my offer. Get's my vote for worst agent ever. Avoid.
Okepinay

Post by Okepinay »

Totally agree with you, they cannot seem to understand that you are the customer and you have to be available for them e.g. they can only value it on a Tuesday afternoon.
On the few occassions I had to go into their office in the High Street I was not impressed with Lee or Guy Marshes, they were a couple of slimeballs.
Avoid at all costs!
dickp

Post by dickp »

Has anyone considered using a forest hill or crystal palace based estate agent, in the hope that they may have richer clients with bigger budgets on their books?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Okepinay wrote:Totally agree with you, they cannot seem to understand that you are the customer and you have to be available for them e.g. they can only value it on a Tuesday afternoon.
On the few occassions I had to go into their office in the High Street I was not impressed with Lee or Guy Marshes, they were a couple of slimeballs.
Avoid at all costs!
I think personally naming agents in such a manner is totally wrong.
I know I started this thread but I asked for recommendations, not for who to avoid, and certainly did not wish to see some of the harsh of comments here.
For the record, we didn't instruct Mann but we did see a number of properties through them and found them to be professional and helpful.

CATLADY

Post by CATLADY »

Yes I agree not happy with naming people...is libellous actually. In fact Mann have been very professional in showing us a property and emailing us on regular basis.

maestro

Post by maestro »

I'm rather surprised that admin has left that particular post there. My very first post on this forum was a totally innocuous leg pull of "the landlord " in the pub (which I'd spent quite a bit of my time composing solely for the amusement of others) and my post was almost immediately deleted by admin. But slander real people by name who are working in the area, and that apparently seems OK. This situation seems rather odd to me.