What do we call someone from Sydenham?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
paultreacy

Re: What do we call someone from Sydenham?

Post by paultreacy »

As said above, "a Londoner". Perfect.

However, to other Londoners we'd have to have something to call ourselves. Personally, I like Sydenhamers. Or should that be Sydenhammers? Not at all crazy about Sydenhamista or such like. Nor Sydenhamite, which sounds like some sort of rock formation or crystal.

Perhaps we could play with SE26? How could that be adapted? An SE26er? Too naff.

Sydenhamer, I say.

Paul Treacy

http://paultreacy.com
marymck

Post by marymck »

lol Robin ... maybe he was like that vicar in Mapp & Lucia, who adopted a Scottish accent & called his wee wifey "Mouse" ... except in times of stress, when he lapsed into a local accent.

Thanks for the info Robin & Eagle. I hadn't realized St Bart's would also have been on Kirkdale ... I guess the houses must have been built later, so that the churchyard had two entrances. Very interesting ... I must have another wee peek around. Och aye the noo and no messing.

Paul: Londoner would please everyone except my Mum ... who for 83 years has insisted Sydenham is in Kent. Sydenhammers sounds like a great name for an amateur dramatics group. I guess I'll have to stick to Sydenham residents. & we could have sub-sets: like the Village People and the Thorpenisters, etc. Wot larks.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

people who frequent the www.london-se1 forum call themselves S E 1 ers, or S E Wonders.

i like Sydnhamers....

"I'm a Sydnhamer, and I'm alright
I work all day and I sleep all night..."
etc, etc.
michael

Post by michael »

Sydney.