DOGS AND THEIR POOH IN WELLS PARK!!!!!!!!!

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
leaf

DOGS AND THEIR POOH IN WELLS PARK!!!!!!!!!

Post by leaf »

i am a frequent user of wells park and have been for many years,i find it very annoying that so many park users with dogs have no regard for other park users,dogs walking off leads when there is a dog exercise area at the far side of the park,dog pooh on the grassed areas and even in the childrens playground.

i think this is irresponsible dog ownership and it shouldnt be tolerated!

the parks by laws state that dogs must be kept under control at all times,many times i have seen dogs that are far from under control.

im not a dog hater[not a dog lover either]but i hate irresponsible dog owners!!

any thoughts??????????
leaf

Post by leaf »

oh well maybe everyone on here loves dogs,pooh and all!

surely im not the only one who hates cleaning dog pooh off their childrens shoes?
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

and the cat pooh?

and the fox pooh?

and the pidgeon?

and the rat?

why pick on dogs?
Annie

Post by Annie »

Actually i'm fed up with cleaning up other peoples cats pooh from my garden! i don't have any pets but i still have to suffer! any ideas how to stop the cats from using my garden as a loo? :cry:
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

I installed an electronic device by my pool. It is supposed to scare them (cats) off. It doesn't!

Mind you I suspect the dumb things that appear in my garden are stone deaf. I have to make a visual display of wrath to make them clear off!
Illuminance

More poo

Post by Illuminance »

leaf

Post by leaf »

and the cat pooh?

and the fox pooh?

and the pidgeon?

and the rat?

why pick on dogs?

why pick on dogs?

im not picking on dogs,im picking on their silly owners!

because they are meant to be controlled by their owners and some are not.

cats are not a problem in the same way as a dog,yes there may be people who have cats come into their gardens and pooh,there are ways of solving this eg pepper on the soil,lions pooh etc

as for foxes pigeons and rats;
are you serious?

foxes are wild as are pigeons and rats,there isnt much anyone can do about them,dogs however are inflicted on others because their owners want them.

i object to having dogs run up and slobber over me and my children simply because their owners think its ok to let them run all over the place,it is also scary when two dogs[one of which is often responsibly kept on a lead]snarl and fight,it scares my children,then the same dogs run up to us and we are told by the owner 'its ok he doesnt bite'

no it is not ok i dont want an animal that licks its bottom licking my children!

they should be kept on leads unless in the dog exercise area,then if they are properly trained they can be let off their leads.

so if you'd care to read my original post again you'll see that its the irresponsible owners of SOME dogs that i am picking on,if you have to put it like that.
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

So why should dogs be restrained and not other animals?

I am not arguing they should be let to run riot, or even to defacate on footpaths etc. They are, though, animals and other domesticated animals, such as cats, are not similarly restrained. Cats carry far more potentially infectious diseases than dogs and they are filthy by comparison. Cats should not be allowed to run wild.

Cats, pigeons and rats are the most likely species to cause harm to your children. Direct your campaign at them. The greatest harm, though, is likely to come from other humans. Virtually every disease they carry can be passed on to your children. Many of these can be passed just by occupying the same general area! Some of them have a very high risk of fatality.

Then again the rules concerning animal faeces are ludicrous. The matter is organic and it fertilises the ground. So long as the animal follows its natural instinct to deposit the stuff on soft earth under bushes it is better left there. The dog's natural instinct is to bury its faeces. Unfortunately many dogs spend much of their time tethered, unnaturally, and being subjected to torment from screaming brats. Thus distressed they do not behave naturally... hence instances of panic defacation on pathways.

I never saw any dog I kept lick his bottom. It is an area which, even for a dog, lies out of reach. They do indeed sniff the bottom of other dogs. This is to establish what the other dog has been eating and whether it would be profitable to follow! (They have a highly developed sense of smell). Dogs do lick most of their body. This is how they keep themselves clean. Their saliva has very powerful antiseptic properties. A happy dog will be a clean dog with no assistance from his human companion.

Unlike cats, dogs carry out useful functions to earn their keep. Most dogs are watchdogs. Many dogs carry out essential chores for the police, the blind, people with various other disabilities and for farmers in the production of your food. The main task of many dogs is to pick up the pieces and provide comfort and companionship to people who humans find it is too much trouble to spare time to.... such as the elderly.
leaf

Post by leaf »

knighton

do you really have nothing better to do?

this thread is about dog owners who let their dogs foul public places,namely parks.

start another thread about the dangers of foxes cats rats pigeons and humans.
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

My points are directly relevant to your thinly disguised attack on the canine population and human companions.

Why should dogs be restrained when other species are not? Cats are far more likely to cause injury and illness. Cats are far more likely to be the cause of Road Traffic Accidents.

If you are to be taken seriously then you must address these points. Explain why this particular species should be singled out for special treatment. Explain why the droppings of cats, foxes and pigeons are less offensive. Explain why human loving dogs should not be allowed to enjoy the open spaces of a park. Explain why their needs, when they contribute so significantly to the welfare of humans, should be neglected.

You let the cat out of the bag in your second post (I think it was) where you accused others of being "dog lovers". No doubt everyone else is. You were not satisfied when no-one responded to your unpopular view. Now you complain because there has been a response. Make your mind up.
leaf

Post by leaf »

i dont think my view is unpopular,i know lots of others who agree with my points.

i thought that as this is a website for inhabitants of sydenham,alot of whom say they love sydenham,someone here might share my annoyance at a park being tainted by dog pooh everywhere.

as i said i dont dislike dogs,i just dont take to people who leave their dogs pooh on the ground in a public place for my children to step in.

you have gone far off the point of my thread,i do not understand why you are being so hostile to me?

you dont know me,i havent hurt you,so why the hostility?
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D
i love all animals but i agree with you Leaf,I used to hate it when my children were younger and taking them out for an afternoon to the park,they trod in something that the owners should have picked up!and as we know the faeces of a dog can actually blind a child.
a cat is not going to pooh in a park?and therefore less likely to cause illness to children on a scale that dog pooh could when in a public space.
having said that its not the dogs fault.
Its the irresponsible owners that should know better
:roll:
leaf

Post by leaf »

thank you annie

i too love animals,just not the owners who dont take responsibility!
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

No hostility has been suggested or even remotely inferred.

I have disagreed with components of your argument and taken your opening statement to the next stage. I have put an alternative view. I have pointed out the contradictions and unfairnesses contained within your opening statement.

If you believe everyone who disagrees with your opinion is hostile then a forum is not the place for you. Try addressing the points raised... or do you not have an answer?

Did you really expect a debate to be conducted on the basis of "Ooooh leafy. You are wonderful. You are wise. You are so right....?" Life is not like that especially if you choose to post a contentious view on a controversial issue. No-one responded to your initial post. Maybe folks thought it better to leave you to your opinion. You were not satisfied. You prodded and poked with a further post seeking a response. You got one. You did not like it. Tough.
leaf

Post by leaf »

you didnt agree with what i was saying so you decided to make it in to something else.

i see no contradictions in my original post,or for that matter unfairness.

i have no problem with people disagreeing with my post,but i stand by my statement that you are being hostile and in my opinion unnessesarily so.

i wouldnt say my view was contentious,or even that the issue was a controversial one.

i post on many forums and am capable of having a constructive arguement if the issue calls for it,this issue i feel doesnt,it is personal to no one,that is unless you are one of the aforementioned irresponsible dog owners?
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D
Gosh!
Knighton you do have a bee in your bonnet?
Are you a Teacher used to talking (dictating) to children?
It's one thing putting across your opinion and another to try and make someone submit to your will.opps i know! your were an August Child(LEO)
known for their bullying!!! :wink:
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

and precisely where have I bullied? I have simply stated a different view from the one posted by leaf. Leaf, instead of taking up the challenge and justifying his/her position screams "fowl" because the reaction was not what he/she anticipated.

Far from making anyone submit to my will I have defended myself from leaf's attempt to silence anyone who disagrees with the outrageous statement he/she made.

Given the timing of the posts of "Annie" and "leaf" I suspect one is a sock puppet for the other or this is a single household posting.

Grow up.
Annie

Post by Annie »

:lol: Haha yes ok Knighton if thats what you wish to think ( is the face bothered?)the only reason the post was answered straight away was because i was on the internet at the time when Leaf replied.
But heyho think what you will.
It just goes back to the arguement is it true that the one who shouts the loudest wins the arguement? :wink:
leaf

Post by leaf »

knighton

i havent tried to silence anyone,but im sure you'll disagree with that too

i didnt anticipate any particular reaction to my post,i was simply interested to see the opinion of others,this is after all what these forums are for.

i dont feel i need to justify my point further,i think my original post said it all.

as for your remarks about mine and annies postings,that is your opinion however ridiculous.
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D Opps! sorry Leaf i should not answer your post(cos its a conspiracy)
but i agree with you at the end of the day people who own dogs and let them foul any public place should have to pay THOUSANDS in fines in my opinion :lol: