Hello

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Liberty

Hello

Post by Liberty »

I thought I would say hello after just moving to the area. I was worried about leaving the centre of town to come to a place I thought of as Surburbia. I have to say in my 3 weeks here I have fallen in love withj the place. Dulwich Woods are fantastic and just tonight I sat in a little park (not sure of the name) and watched 7 foxes playing. It was the best move I have ever made so I just thought I would say hello :)
oicur0t

Post by oicur0t »

Welcome Liberty!
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

And welcome to you too :)
lemonade

Welcome to Sydenham

Post by lemonade »

Hello Liberty
I don't live in Sydenham but have several ties there. Yes Sydenham is a really nice place. One thing I know for sure is the folk at Sydenham Town Forum are a good bunch.
There are plenty of open spaces around the area and lots of decent shops too. Connections into the city are great and there is much history within the area.
....So when is your house warming party??? :lol:
All the very best to you.
Lemonade
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Thanks Lemonade I love it that from the top of Kirkdale you can see the city one way and all over Kent the other.. I was able to buy a beautiful house and this would not have been possible in other areas Sydenham has lots to offer I think its a bit of a hidden gem :)
dsushee

Post by dsushee »

well hello Liberty, i'm planning to move to Sydenham too!
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

dsushee wrote:well hello Liberty, i'm planning to move to Sydenham too!
Fantastic news maybe it will become a new hotspot :)
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

Are you looking to buy a house then? :roll: :idea: :D :shock:
dsushee

Post by dsushee »

Knighton wrote:
:?: no, i'm looking to rent! Seems like an ideal place to live though for transport into london and greenery etc...
Liberty

Post by Liberty »

dsushee wrote:
Knighton wrote:
:?: no, i'm looking to rent! Seems like an ideal place to live though for transport into london and greenery etc...
I feel much the same way :)
Knighton

Post by Knighton »

Public transport is indeed an advantage of Sydenham. 13 minutes to London Bridge from Sydenham or Lower Sydenham. About the same to Victoria from Penge East. Direct services to Victoria, Charing Cross, Waterloo (East), London Bridge, Cannon Street... Croydon, Bromley. Connecting services to Brighton and Gatwick.

Of course there is the connecting East London Line for those who are looking to work in docklands!

Direct bus services to Central London, Woolwich, Lewisham, Croydon, Blackheath..... etc. etc. etc.
dsushee

Post by dsushee »

Liberty wrote:
dsushee wrote:
Knighton wrote: Are you looking to buy a house then? :roll: :idea: :D :shock:
I feel much the same way :)
Oh good. Nice to know that i'm making the right move.

I was just reading a post about a cafe opening up in Sydenham but it was posted in April i think. Did that cafe materialise?