Know anyone who can anyone fix an electric cooker?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Giddysquid

Know anyone who can anyone fix an electric cooker?

Post by Giddysquid »

I've just had a nice home made pizza cooked 50% by my oven which has decided to stop working :x

Does anyone out there have any recommendations for someone cheap and reliable that could fix
my Zanussi electric cooker? It's annoyingly out of warranty now.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
bigbadwolf

Re: Know anyone who can anyone fix an electric cooker?

Post by bigbadwolf »

Giddysquid wrote:I've just had a nice home made pizza cooked 50% by my oven which has decided to stop working
Pissed!! I can't think what's worse - realising you've run-out of toilet roll immediately after a critical visit/push, or your oven croking on you halfway through cooking a pizza?

I'm no expert, Giddysquid, so I can't advise you on how to repair your oven. But what I can provide you with is a link to a forum maintained specifically for users to post requests for advice on the repair of home appliances. So, if you write-up a more detailed description, detailing what you think may be the problem (if you can), you might get the response you're looking for. Thus potentially saving you both money and the hassle of finding a competent technician.

http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/
BingBong

Post by BingBong »

Yes - give Alec a ring. He runs Speedy Repairs (cookers, washing machines etc; honest service, realistic prices - he's your man). I'm a satisfied customer, not an advertiser on the make. 020 8692 7959.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

As names go Bing Bong must be up there as one of the best.

Try to avoid Pizza's myself.