Good Vet?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
randomv

Good Vet?

Post by randomv »

Hi
Can anyone recommend a decent vet, either in Sydenham or Penge? I prefer to stay away from the chains as I've found the turnover of staff too frequent, so am looking for a decent and established vets to take my cats to!
Thanks
Illuminance

Post by Illuminance »

Parish Lane Veterinary Surgery
1 Parish Lane
Penge
London
SE20 7LH
020 8778 7789

Took my cats there last week to get their teeth cleaned. :) Would recommend them.
reasontobecheerful

Post by reasontobecheerful »

I found the one on Mayow Road to be alright.
randomv

Post by randomv »

Thanks for both of those recommendations - i'll see which one is closest to me as I don't currently have a car, but I have one very heavy cat!
Jules

Post by Jules »

I'd recomened Parish Lane too. They looked after both my dog and cats.

They don't give medication unless they feel is totally necessary.
I visited Mayow Road once, but was put off my the Porche parked outside with "VET 1" number plates.
rockradio

Post by rockradio »

Parish lane vets are excellent, very good knowledgeable of Rabbits too (Brian is the man for Rabbits). Their Lordship Lane branch is sometimes easier to park outside and can find the same vet and staff at this one, but different time of day.

Lomax & Partners
509 Lordship Lane
Dulwich
London
SE22 8JY
020 8693 4677

Parish Lane Veterinary Surgery
1 Parish Lane
Penge
London
SE20 7LH
0208778 7789
Peak Hillbilly

Post by Peak Hillbilly »

Would just like to add that Brian has been a very good vet for our cat as well. He's ethical about treatment and very practical in his manner. He is now only working out of the Parish Lane surgery and they are no longer associated with the Lordship Lane vets. Hope this helps.
Jo Christie-Smith

Post by Jo Christie-Smith »

Is Brian the guy with the antipodean accent (very feint)? He's great and has really looked after my dog and cat...I didn't realise Parish Lane and Lomax had parted company.

Hmmn, do so enjoy the walk with the dog through Sydenham Hill Wood to get the Lordship Lane one even though Parish Lane is closer for me!