On the Hoof Coffee at the station

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Tim Lund

On the Hoof Coffee at the station

Post by Tim Lund »

Just a quick hello to the new coffee shop at the station, and Ela who runs it. I'll post a photo when I can. Any customer reviews?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image

Image now posted. I think this is a good looking sign - what does Lee, the Sydenham Design King think?

[Edited to remove fag end pick out by Dorian's discerning eye :D ]
Last edited by Tim Lund on 29 May 2012 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
leenewham

Re: On the Hoof Coffee at the station

Post by leenewham »

More Burger King than Design King Tim.

It's not beautiful or crafted but it doesn't have to be. It's good that it doesn't feel mass produced, gawdy, loud and plastic.

The sign's fine, it's feels handmade, friendly and personal which makes me feel that the coffee shop will be similar. Hopefully that's the case, otherwise the sign is wrong.

Nice name.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Great asset to the station that's a little hidden away.

Not for much longer we hope :-)
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

The fag butt , bottom left adds a certain "je ne sais quoi" as well.....................
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

it is a shame that it's situated in a corner that you have to go back on yourself to go onto the platforms. It would do much more trade if it either opened on the front of the station, or onto the platforms themselves.

if you've gone through the gate, and then realised that the train is 6 minutes away, most people won't bother to go back out of the gate, and round to get coffee, and back round to get in, but if the entry to the cafe was nearer the front, one could see if before going through, and possibly they'd get more trade. Or as I suggest, a window/serving hatch onto the platform.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I'm sure they would do it if they could. Or perhaps they are already looking into it.

The issue is that the serving hatch will be on the left as you walk through the gates and LOROL have tough guidelines for what signage you can use on their stations. I'm sure there are solutions.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Dorian wrote:The fag butt , bottom left adds a certain "je ne sais quoi" as well.....................
Je ne sais plus de quoi tu parles!
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Which station?