Sash Window Refurbishment

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
danstevens

Sash Window Refurbishment

Post by danstevens »

Can anyone recommend a sash window refurbishment company in the local area?

thanks

Dan.
kster

Post by kster »

When I moved into our house we had a similar problem and couldn't find someone to do them. Although I had no carpentry skills and lots of our windows were stuck shut or had gaps, I was assured by a glazer that it was relatively straight forward fix and I set about doing my own. The website http://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/re ... h_cord.htm
shows you how to take apart and put them back together. The first one took me a couple of hours, after that it was a half hour job per window. Once the window is apart a little TLC to some of the windows was all that was needed (I used wood hardener and filler to fix a few rotten sections). Unless they are in a really bad state were several sections need to be replaced, it is one of those rare jobs that looks far more complicated than it actually is.
annabel mclaren

Post by annabel mclaren »

Draught Busters www.draught-busters.co.uk are excellent - in our experience the nicest and the cheapest! They've done quite a bit of work in the Thorpes - they're based in Forest Hill. Apart from them, there are lots of ads in Living South.