Longton Grove

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Sydonia

Longton Grove

Post by Sydonia »

Hi
I am very excited about moving to Longton Grove. Have lived in SE London all my life, but not Sydenham. What are peoples views on Longton Grove? to me it looks lovely, beautiful wide road, lots of trees etc.... what is the general feeling about this part of Sydenham?
swetysteve

Re: Longton Grove

Post by swetysteve »

Hi
I have lived on Longton grove for nearly 6years now. Its a fairly quiet road, never witnessed any problems on it. Its close to all the shops (on kirkdale) and near wells park. Its an 8 min walk to the station, have felt fairly safe walking home at night. am very happy here, the only down side of it i would say are all the potholes but i think there are plans to fix them in the near future.
newbrit

Post by newbrit »

Welcome. I have lived in LG since this century began, and I could not be happier. It is quiet, close to overground and train stations, with buses running to central London AND Croydon, and it has a nice Residents' Association.

Also, there are plenty of shops, big(ish) and small. The only thing we lack is a nice local pub. I've been to Foxie's (Sydenham Wells Road and Kirkdale) and I liked it.

You'll like living here.
multisync

Post by multisync »

Check out no. 56 still looks the same after considerable time.Horrendous!!!!! can't the council do something
Anothermuso

Post by Anothermuso »

We recently moved to Longton Grove, and are very happy here; it's a very peaceful street, but within striking distance of central Sydenham and Crystal Palace - not to mention the joys of Kirkdale round the corner. Wells Park is beautiful - and often empty.

And compared to central London, where we moved from, it is very friendly. But if you are a SE Londoner you are probably used to this...