In search of a local family

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Rebelmc

In search of a local family

Post by Rebelmc »

Whilst out in the car today, I found myself, as I often do, listening to Robert Elms on BBC London; one of his guests was from the MoD's Historic Casualty Casework team, who seek to give recently discovered fallen soldiers, a decent burial and the recognition they deserve.

They told the story of a Douglas Boston, which went down over Italy in the last weeks of WWII, with the loss of all four crew, three Britains and an Australian.

The wreckage has recently been discovered and, using military records, all the crew have been identified and the families contacted, with the exception of one man, Flt Sgt David Millard Perkins; this poor chap was born in Honor Oak and lived in Sydenham, his address being in Lawrie Park Road, at the time of his death.

If anyone knows of the current whereabouts of, or remembers the Perkins family, or David (who was just short of his 21st birthday when he died) then please contact Sue Raftree on 01452 712612 x6303.

Let's hope we can help.

Thanks.