3 MOBILE PHONE SIGNAL IN SYDENHAM

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Postman

3 MOBILE PHONE SIGNAL IN SYDENHAM

Post by Postman »

Hi Everyone,

I have an Iphone on 3 and have been having problems getting signal at home. I have contacted 3 and they state there is no problem with the masts and that they have not had any complaints from the Sydenham area since 2005! Just wondered if any one else has had any problems on 3 or has any advice.

Thank you :D
mosy

Re: 3 MOBILE PHONE SIGNAL IN SYDENHAM

Post by mosy »

Does it make any difference where in your home? At one time mine (T Mobile) was dead on the east side of my rooms but fine on the west. I'm near Syd station and notice that some shopkeepers have to stand outside to make calls so perhaps this bit is in a dip and misses the signal presumably coming from the one on the CP mast.

Can you establish from your friends on different networks if it's just yours that has problems in your home?
Postman

Post by Postman »

Hi Mosy,
Thanks for your reply,
Upstairs i get 1 bar sometimes 2 but downstairs i dont usauly get 1!! Its just indoors as when i leave my house and walk about 3 meters from my house the signal goes up. Other guests who come round on differnt networks have no trouble. When ringing 3 they state the best singal i should get is in my house but that is not the case!:(
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

I have issues with o2 at my parents house (wells Pk road area) I've rung o2 and their signal checker says its perfect in the area - its so bad that Im not considering a change. I've been with o2 for almost 7yrs - its useful when I want to be out of contact from my friends trying to get me to go out drinking etc etc but when I do want to make a call I have to go for a walk around the park and cross my fingers I get a signal - would Lewisham council allow my parents to attach an antennea to their building ? :roll:
marymck

Post by marymck »

I had terrible problems with Vodafone, but was stuck with a two year contract that they wouldn't let me out off. According to Vodafone the signal was strong. It was completely hopeless. I use my mobile for work and couldn't get through a conversation without the signal dropping out.

Then someone suggested I try my SIM in another phone. I did so and the signal was fine. So I bought I cheap phone until my contract ran out.

The dodgy phone was Samsung. The cheap one was a basic Nokia - strong signal, never any problems. Now I've got an HTC Desire. Signal still drops out sometimes, but nowhere near like with Samsung. Didn't make any difference whether 3G or whatever setting I used - results were consistent.
marymck

Post by marymck »

Oh and this may be a myth ... but my signal's always better outside, so I'm wondering whether my house's thick Victorian walls may affect the signal?
JeeBee

Post by JeeBee »

Postman wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have an Iphone on 3 and have been having problems getting signal at home. I have contacted 3 and they state there is no problem with the masts and that they have not had any complaints from the Sydenham area since 2005! Just wondered if any one else has had any problems on 3 or has any advice.

Thank you :D
I've phoned them several times to complain about the signal in the Sydenham area. They've always claimed there is no problem.

I'm with t-mobile now.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

I've had tmobile and three and both fail to get a signal indoors. Its rubbish.
sophie

Post by sophie »

I've recently moved to 3 from O2 and think my signal has actually improved. I regularly didn't have a signal with O2 in some parts of my place and in others it varied. Now with 3 it goes occasionally but not often. On aside, I've always found Crystal Palace a problem but with 3 it hasn't been at all.
multisync

Post by multisync »

We've been having real problems with Vodafone this last week or two
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

BlackBerry with Orange and never a problem in Sydenham or Crystal Palace. Good signal everywhere. It may have improved a little after merger with T-Mobile. Though that may be imaginings.
stuart

Post by stuart »

I am convinced that big thing on top of the hill mavbe an interference problem. The variety of frequencies and some experimental stuff broadcast at high power is likely to have some odd reflections and resonances.

I've watched my mobile signal cycle from 1 bar to 5 every minute or so while on my desk. How do you explain that? As all the networks work on just three or so bands and at close frequencies to each other - it could effect all.

Still, you can always watch TV instead. If you have problems there, try disconnecting the aerial :wink:

Stuart
newbrit

Post by newbrit »

multisync wrote:We've been having real problems with Vodafone this last week or two
Same here. I have called twice and they say there is a fault, but don't know when it will be fixed. Offered to deduct lost signal time from my bill, though.

Same thing has been happening with BT Internet connection. They promised - twice - to call back. Never did. Shame on them...