Recommended plumber?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
soulfood

Recommended plumber?

Post by soulfood »

Seems that everyone is asking for a tradesman... me included. Our plumber hasn't done a particularly good job of our new bathroom, and we've sprung a leak. Not urgent, but I'd like to find a good plumber who can install a new shower pronto. Any recommendations?
lemonade

Leaking plumbing and shower

Post by lemonade »

Hello Soulfood

Sorry to hear you have the "Leakiest Sink!" :lol:
Just wondered if you could elaborate with the shower details.
Would it be an all electric, powershower, etc?
If you could also tell me where (if you know) the leak is and how severe?
I may be able to help.

All the best mate
soulfood

Post by soulfood »

It's a bit of saga lemonade. In a nutshell:

Plumber fits normal shower (not electric, not power, just wired to hot and cold). Tiler tiles over pipes and around shower control.Lovely showers are enjoyed for 10 months. Damp patch appears on other side of bathroom wall in spare room. Call in tiler, take off tiles. Call in plumber, tighten up pipe leading into shower control unit. Leave tiles off to dry for three weeks while on hols. Tiler comes back, but shower unithas not been held upright very well and is pulling his newly afixed tiles off wall. He leaves, not tiles on wall. One week later, pipe starts to drip in same place, as last time.

Luckily shower works, and leak is on outside of wall (this time), but now want a plumber to ffix it or advise otherwise.

!!