ghost stories of sydenham?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

leaf,

You're right, actually come to think of it I don't fancy a trip to the moon much either. I don't even like getting on a plane!

But the squirrel could still be a familiar ( a witch taking on a different form) WoooooOOOOoooooo!

Probably.
leaf

Post by leaf »

oooOOOOOooooo!

yes im familiar with familiars!

maybe it was,maybe!
still_robbo

Post by still_robbo »

Stone-penge
Still-Robbo; you are confusing the natural world with the super natural one.
The laws of physics need not apply in the latter one.(and obviously don't)
Yeah I'm odd like that, I prefer to see the beauty in what actually exists rather than flights of fancy.
leaf

Post by leaf »

im sending out some positive vibes on here :D

i think the're needed!
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

still_robbo wrote:Stone-penge
Still-Robbo; you are confusing the natural world with the super natural one.
The laws of physics need not apply in the latter one.(and obviously don't)
Yeah I'm odd like that, I prefer to see the beauty in what actually exists rather than flights of fancy.
That isn't odd, just a bit stifled. :D
still_robbo

Post by still_robbo »

That isn't odd, just a bit stifled.
I'd have said ascribing something you don't understand to the supernatural demonstrates a more closeted mindset, but maybe that's just a further example of how stifled I am. :D
leaf

Post by leaf »

....or maybe this thread is about ghost stories of sydenham and he/she was entering into the spirit of things? [no pun intended]
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

leaf wrote:....or maybe this thread is about ghost stories of sydenham and he/she was entering into the spirit of things? [no pun intended]
Yes I thought the thread was a fun invitation to post stories of ghosts in Sydenham not a discussion of rationality verses pseudoscientific phenomena.
However, as every rationalist should know , there is no such thing as absolute proof
still_robbo

Post by still_robbo »

It's a fair cop. I allowed myself to be lured into commenting on one of my pet hates.

Entirely my fault, sorry for being a grouch.
leaf

Post by leaf »

thats ok still-robbo :)
lemonade

What Would you do?

Post by lemonade »

Hello Leaf and anyone else interested
I'm really sticking my neck out here !!!
Supposing you went to someone's house, a person you didn't really know very well, someone you were working for as an example. But you saw something in the corner of your eye on a few occasions...
Well I recently carried out an electrical installations job in an old house in Surrey. I could be in full concentration on what I was doing when suddenly a streaky-flash would catch my eyes. Before I could turn my head to focus fully it had gone as fast as it came. At first I thought it was a window reflection of the sun passing through the clowds or a pigeon flying by...Believe me I tried to find a rational explanation but it happened too many times practically every day and it was somehow too unusual as I've not experienced anything like that before...
...At this stage I would forgive anyone reading to think I'm simply off my trolley as all this stuff can easily be made up rubbish.
Now I must admit it was not as scary as I may have portrayed but nevertheless was freaky.
Anyway back to the title of this post:- What would you do?
I didn't want to mention anything to the owner or any other contractors working there too as of fear of ridicule.
This forum is probably the best way to admit to witnessing such hard to imagine stuff.
:?
leaf

Post by leaf »

hi lemonade and thanks for contributing :)

i have had similar experiences myself,sort of transparant flash[?] in the air out of the corner of your eye,but only in the same place in case anyone suggests my eyes are the problem!

ive 'seen' things in other peoples houses,but its often best to say nothing in case you scare them or are subject to ribbing by non believers!
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Lemonade
Did you ask the occupiers of the house (the non-spirit ones) if they'd ever seen anything unusual?
Illuminance

Re: What Would you do?

Post by Illuminance »

lemonade wrote:Well I recently carried out an electrical installations job in an old house in Surrey. I could be in full concentration on what I was doing when suddenly a streaky-flash would catch my eyes. Before I could turn my head to focus fully it had gone as fast as it came.
Probably the EDF boys changing the cut-out and going for lunch :D
stone-penge

Post by stone-penge »

I'll tell you some more 'ghost stories' that have happened to my family.
My aunt and uncle lived in , I won't say where but a kent town in the 60's and 70's they lived in a huge pile of an victorian house that was very dark and gloomy and did have a dark & gloomy atmosphere.
My cousin's room was right at the top of the house in the old servants quarters he used to come down for breakfast and ask my Aunt 'mummy who was that man in my room last night'?
My aunt used to hear footsteps walking to the bathroom but none ever come back, several times in a night.
Once my mother was staying in the house with us 'kids' in either that room or an adjoining room when,late at night, she felt a hand brush her hair back from her ear and a voice whisper 'Listen..listen..."
She turned the light on, there was no one there...

I used to be petrified of staying in there and even the ticking of the radiators used to send me into hystrics I'm ashamed to say, not that I ever saw or felt anything truly spooky .
leaf

Post by leaf »

thank you stone penge[love that name!]

that does sound like an eerie place!
Annie

Post by Annie »

:D
My Mum years ago was leaning over the cot where my sister was asleep,When a voice said "you are the limit Mrs *******(blanked out to protect mum) she turned around and no one was there.
Sounds mad i know but she also "saw" people including her dead father and she heard screams in a bombed out house in Norwood,
I think some people are just more receptive to "spirits" than others or am i just a nutter haha? :wink:
leaf

Post by leaf »

i agree annie,some people are more receptive and open minded too.
Juwlz

White squirrel

Post by Juwlz »

I have tried to make a link to my very poor photos pf the white squirrel. With a bit of luck you can view them by clicking http://www.flickr.com/photos/34744624@N ... 4346950972

When I was in the park yesterday it was foraging around on the floor. Could've got some great shots if only I'd had my camera.
leaf

Post by leaf »

aah!

that looks lovely,i know they are technically vermin,but i have always loved squirrels,they would often visit my garden as a child burying their nuts[no jokes please!]