This weekends walk...

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

If its this Sunday late afternoon I should be able to make it. I will be running around Hyde park in the late morning for the Nike 10k so might be a tad knackered! (Good luck kster!!! Lets show those north-london gits!). Next weekend is also probably ok for me, so I hope to be able to tag along whenever.
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Good luck Juwlz! No wonder you seemed so fit last weekend; a simple walkabout probably doesn't even cause you any perspiration. I should really start doing some light jogging soon, as my heart doesn't feel strong enough for the lower body exercises I've been performing. I was in Exhibition Road, South Kensington last 2 days, but still I haven't bothered to visit Hyde Park and see the site of the Great Exhibition building... I will go there one day, but heard there's not much to see anyway, except the Serpentine.
Rebelmc

Post by Rebelmc »

Falkor wrote:Good luck Juwlz! No wonder you seemed so fit last weekend; a simple walkabout probably doesn't even cause you any perspiration. I should really start doing some light jogging soon, as my heart doesn't feel strong enough for the lower body exercises I've been performing. I was in Exhibition Road, South Kensington last 2 days, but still I haven't bothered to visit Hyde Park and see the site of the Great Exhibition building... I will go there one day, but heard there's not much to see anyway, except the Serpentine.
As the American police would have it "move along, nothing to see here" I don't think there's any evidence of the Crystal Palace in Hyde Park these days.

And yes, good luck Juwlz, a little stroll in Sydenham's rural past could be the ideal warmdown after a 10K run!
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Hi Gang,

Everyone ready for this walkabout then? If you'd like to come along, please meet us at the Crystal Palace Museum around 3:45pm? We can leave about 4:00 - 4:15? I look forward to meeting some of you tomorrow, if not, maybe next Sunday...
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

If I'm there earlier (I aimed to be at the Museum at 3.00) Falkor, do you mind if I have a tour of the museum? Do you think that would be possible?

Anyone else interested in meeting earlier than 3.45 here's my number 07801 194177. If not, finally looking forward to meeting you all!
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

Sure thing, Greg... It would be good to tour the museum yourself... However, if I was to guide you on the tour, you might get bored and want to go home early before the crowd even arrives! :D I very rarely complete a guided tour... Last time was about 2 weeks ago--a couple staying at the caravan site--took about 1 hour and they stayed for another 30 minutes looking around the museum. Average stay time is about 10 minutes; not everybody goes there for a day out. You have to be very enthusiastic and keen to survive my guided tour. Part of the challenge for me is guaging when people have had enough, as it's hard for some people to take in all the info, as I cover all the basics of EVERYTHING... 8)
leaf

Post by leaf »

hello all

im afraid i wont be able to make it tomorrow,im suffering a bit at the moment :(

ive got my sons cold and not really feeling much like going for an urban hike!

maybe next time.....
Rebelmc

Post by Rebelmc »

Greg Whitehead wrote:If I'm there earlier (I aimed to be at the Museum at 3.00) Falkor, do you mind if I have a tour of the museum? Do you think that would be possible?

Anyone else interested in meeting earlier than 3.45 here's my number 07801 194177. If not, finally looking forward to meeting you all!
I'd join you on that tour Greg, if Falkor is up for it; my capacity for mindless trivia knows no bounds! :)
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Brillliant walk. I will leave it to the professionals to do the write up! Oh - and on a different subject - the perfect ending to the day – I just found out the south WON the Nike 10k and so we are OFFICIALLY THE BEST!!!
leaf

Post by leaf »

well done on completing your 10k run juwlz!

of course were the best!

i look forward to this weeks walk write up and to the return of my health so i can come to the next one :(
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

I'm going to do a little write-up again and post some photos of the walk...
Illuminance

Post by Illuminance »

Thanks guys and gals for a fantastic walkabout this afternoon, I learned a lot about the top of Sydenham, especially Wells Park and the springs.

Thank you also for putting up with my incessant coughing (bl**dy man flu)- I promise to be healthier next time.

Waiting for the secret pictures to be posted :)