Twilights/Chasers

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Weeble

Twilights/Chasers

Post by Weeble »

I was just browsing through the site and under the 'high street changes' section it says that Twilights and Chasers closed down in September 2003. However, at present the neon 'Twilights' sign is often on and there is usually an advertising board outside.

Admittedly though I've never seen anyone going in or out - is it a ghost-club or is it actually open? Has anyone been? - I'm very curious!

Thanks!
stuart

Post by stuart »

The operating company went bust. This closed Twilights and the Regency Club (on the Spring Hill side of the building). I wonder who's electricity meter is being charged for the ongoing lighting?

The problem appeared to be the landlord was not willing to extend the lease which made it uneconomic for the Twilights company to invest to keep it up to date and with no parking it was difficult to compete with clubs down Croydon way.

I was affected as I organised a lunchtime club there at the time - we found out on the Monday that we would not be holding our Tuesday meeting there. We subsequently moved down the road to The Golden Lion....
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

Thanks for that Stuart, it explains a lot!

The lights must come on automatically - the neon sign always seems to be on in the evening. Someone is probably clocking up quite a bill!

The advertising board presumably hasn't moved in a year - I thought it was odd always seemed to be promoting Christmas parties, even in summer.
oin

Post by oin »

Thanks to both of you for that. I'd been wondering the same.
stuart

Twilights to return?

Post by stuart »

When walking past Twilights this weekend I noticed an application for re-licensing the premises as a private club. Applicants were two ladies from Croydon and the application was suposed to have been heard last month.

Anybody know anything?
Peak Hillbilly

Post by Peak Hillbilly »

Walking past the entrance to the club on Kirkdale this evening, I saw that there is another planning application in at the moment dated 23 September which is requesting a late licence. Anyone with objections needs to respond within 4 weeks of this date - sorry, but don't have the details. However, it is all written up on the application which is easily visible from the street.
back_ache

Post by back_ache »

As mentioned in the "town hall" section of this forum it is going to be a live music club opening in February '06 called "glamour lounge".