Tyre Rolling Contest

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!

Yeah man I will come with my own tyre

yeah man I will come without a tyre
67%
No bruv I will b sleeping/have better things to do
33%

Total votes: 3

chrisf

Tyre Rolling Contest

Post by chrisf »

Hey guys n gals
I am gonna hav a tyre rolling contest. Anyone interrested meet up at the top of Sydenham Rise on Sunday night 1/10/06 at 2.00 in the morning.
It is set 4 2oclock so there wont be many cars on the road.
I hav many old tyres but u can bring ur own if u want. Each tyre will have a number. The tyres will be rolled down the hill and the one what goes furtherest without hitting anything down the hill wins a sat nav. 2nd prize is a car stereo and 3rd is a set of speakers.
Please vote if you are coming so I can work out how many old tyres will be needed.
lemonade

Tyre Rolling

Post by lemonade »

Hello ChrisF
How fantastic!
Your tyre rolling competition sounds superb providing there are no obstructions for those tyres to hit, injure or kill along their way down Sydenham Rise.
...Or will the road be cleared, safety barriers erected and the entire road closed by police for the event?
2.00am is a time when I'd be sleeping but for you I'll make an exception. After all your event sounds such fab. I've voted Yes but don't have a tyre. Sorry but my tyres get disposed of by Kwik Fit after each visit. I trust you will supply a quality make such as Michelin, dunlop, Purelli, etc. My personal favourite is Goodyear Grand Prix X. Please reserve a Goodyear Grand Prix X for me if you have one.
I do not expect to be handed a remold at the event and will be extremely offended.
See you there, MAN.
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Hey chrisf

I am a deffo for your tyre rolling extravaganza. Are u arranging this cos u have sum tyres u need to get rid of wivout going 2 tha dump?

Hey - I have a spare tyre or two - maybe not the kind ur lookin 4 tho haha!

Lookin 4ward 2 it. by the way - wher the f is Sydenham Rise?

PS I am only comin if it iz garanteed to maim someone (not meeself oviously)
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

I think Sydenham Rise is opposite the Horniman Julwz, just leading from Sydenham Hill. It's Forest Hill so on that basis ChrisF should be bothering people on se23.com - unless his IP has been banned from there - might be worth checking Admin?

Why is that all the idiots on this forum (Megan/Pippa/ChrisF) as a general rule don't even live in Sydenham? Are their lives so vacuous?
Steve Grindlay

Post by Steve Grindlay »

When I first read ChrisF's posts I though perhaps he had mild learning difficulties, and his brave attempts to communicate with others should be applauded.

I then I began to wonder whether he was, in fact, the alter ego of one of our more restrained contributors (it is possible to have more than one identity on this forum) allowing them to express a darker side of their personality.

I have now decided that ChrisF doesn't even exist. He is an ironic post-modernist fiction, allowing his creator (sarahc suggested a "grey, posh civil servant" and Greg also suggested as much) make provocative and challenging observations on 21st century urban life.
Falkor

Post by Falkor »

One day during my childhood, a friend and I were playing with a tyre at the top of Springfield Rise when both us simultaneously let go of it, and it went rolling down the hill! At the bottom were 2 old ladies chatting in the middle of the road at the junction with Wells Park Road, and we were debating whether or not to go and chase after the tyre, but sort of like froze... It didn't take long and before we knew it one of the ladies was swept from under her feet! An ambulance was called and she was taken to hospital. We went down to investigate and were given a severe telling off in the Duke of Edinburgh. I never found out how the lady got on in hospital, but hopefully she was fine. I've had to live with the shame and guilt ever since, but it was definitely a good lesson for me, which could partly explain why I've turned out to be such a nice gentleman. I used to love starting fires all the time in Home Park and Beaulieu Avenue--only used a magnifying glass--everyone thought I was going to turn out to be an arsonist! They even said I was going to be an alchoholic and all sorts... None of this ever happened of course. Hopefully, God has forgiven me for all my sins.
fishcox

Post by fishcox »

I agree with Steve chrisf must be an invention, i would guess that he is the alter ego of someone in their late thirties/early forties, its either that or the yoof of today really resurrected the old Jimmy Saville OBE phrase 'Guys n Gals' ??

I dont know if there is a link in any way, but David Mach, the bloke who made the big submarine 'sculpture' out of TYRES, lives at the top of Sydenham Rise.

hmmmmm
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

ChrisF is indeed early 40's Fishcox. He posted here [this forum] previously that was 42 on Aug3. Certainly out of step with his 'street' vocabulary.

All really rather odd, almost provocative, each to their own I guess.
randomv

Post by randomv »

Well they say you're as young as the woman you feel…perhaps blowup woman would be more accurate in ChrisF's case..but I'm sure the principle remains. :lol: