large empty house?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
leaf

large empty house?

Post by leaf »

does anyone know anything about the large empty house at the bottom of sydenham rd[opposite kent house lane]i think it might be no 215[?] next to the wesley hall.

it is all boarded up with those metal shutters,but it looks huge and it seems such a waste to be empty.
simon

Post by simon »

It is some sort of hostel and last time I looked it wasn't actually empty, despite being boarded up with those metal shuters. At night you can see
lights, people go in and out of there (they have their own special traffic light!).
leaf

Post by leaf »

squatters?
they must be as with those shutters on it would be considered a firehazard,very strange.

anyone know who the owners are?
simon

Post by simon »

I dont hink they are squatters at all, perhaps some of the residents had penchant for smashing the windows.
leaf

Post by leaf »

hmmm,not all of the windows surely?

it would still be a firehazard though and if it were a local authority building surely they would have to comply with safety regulations stringently?
leaf

Post by leaf »

well god help them if there's a fire!

i have googled it,it is something to do with clinical services[lewisham nhs trust]mental health services.

fabulous building though,shame about the shutters,no natural daylight cant be good for mental wellbeing :?

thanks simon.
JAKES ANGEL

Post by JAKES ANGEL »

Well whoever currently resides in the house, squatters or not, probably assumes if they stay there long enough the property will be handed over to them for free by the council. They can then apply to the same council for a home improvement grant and live happily ever after. Dont ya just love a happy ending.
simon

Post by simon »

Sorry, it appears I was msitaken and passing the property this afternoon it does indeed look as if it is uninhabited. Somebody has blocked the entrance tp the parking area at the back. I remember that it when it was fist boarded up there were people staying there. I should imagine that the council have some plans for the place.