PC Repair

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
squashst

PC Repair

Post by squashst »

Hi, My desktop PC, c 18mths old (Lenovo ThinkCentre) needs a repair as a) it is making an increasing amount of noise and b) shuts down after 30 minutes or so (increasinglly slow) use. Everything backed up!

Perhaps a problem with the fan? Anyway, any recommended computer repair firms. The SE23 mag always has an ad for "PC Repairs" (no address), but its interesting to get local recommendations. Thanks
simon

Re: PC Repair

Post by simon »

There's a chap called Paul who advertises on the offers section of this site as it999 and has had a good review.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

The regular advert on the SE23 forum (if that's what you mean) is for Steve Shaw - http://www.steveshaw.com/se23.html. I think he runs, or helps to run, the SE23 forum. He has dealt for various computer problems for us over the past few years, and we have been very satisfied with his work.
cakefiend

Post by cakefiend »

I can't recommend Geek Squad enough. I know they are not local and also they are no good if the computer needs someone on site. But they are a really quick easy cheap first port of call and will let you know if you need to get someone round. I pay £6.99 per month and they have solved endless problems at any time of day over the phone. They have software that gives them access to your PC while you're on the phone so you talk to them and they work on your machine while you watch what they do. (It's very surreal seeing your curser move all by itself!). Anyway.. I signed up after I got someone round and they charged me £50 and then another £40 for two visits... that's more than a year of Geek Squad.

All that said, do please let us know if you use someone local. It is good both to keep the business local and support the community we live in, and also, we might all need someone who can pop round.

All best
D