Boris

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
yummymummy

Boris

Post by yummymummy »

Did anyone else spot Boris Johnson walking up the high street this afternoon? and does anyone know why he was here??
SE26bloke

Re: Boris

Post by SE26bloke »

He was getting his nails done.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Was he on his own, with a film crew and small crowd or with a small group of advisors (there will be about 2-4 of them).

If it's the last one it's potentially interesting! High streets are big news at the moment. I met with some council officers at the weekend up in North London who kindly invited me for a private view of the control room at RAF Uxbridge that was used during the Battle Of Britain (if you get a chance to go, please do, it's fascinating). One of them knew Boris quite well and I have to say, the more I hear about him the more he sounds like the real deal. While I don't like the party he is associated with, he does genuinely seem to care about London and not care about what the papers think. Plus he is great with kids apparently. If I had to have a pint with a London mayoral candidate, it would probably be Boris.

I'm still unsure about who I'd vote for though!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Less say he is less dubious that the alternative