Sushi of Sydenham

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Savvy

Re: Sushi of Sydenham

Post by Savvy »

We went last night. Great food and service. What struck me was the freshness of the chicken and fish. We are so pleased we have this restaurant and will be regular visitors I'm sure.
SteveG85

Post by SteveG85 »

I went on Friday night. The food was great as was the service, I'll definitely be back!
facollet

Post by facollet »

Taste delicious and choose a good restaurant location,your Sushi will be hot bodysuit!
Last edited by facollet on 7 Jul 2015 02:44, edited 1 time in total.
dmhawk

Post by dmhawk »

I tried out hibagon the other day and and thought the food good but pricey! edo in crystal palace offers much better value. Shame, as I'd love to frequent it regularly. Instead, I think it'll be the odd treat.
WeatherGirl

Post by WeatherGirl »

Went for dinner this eve and found the food to be most delicious. Left very full and contented and will most definitely be returning in the future
(Sushi instead of a roast on a Sunday, how cosmopolitan am I? )
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

We went this evening, to celebrate my wife's birthday. (Absolutely no presents, folks, please.) The first time either of us had had Japanese food and we were both pleasantly surprised. I was expecting something cold, slimy, chewy and insipid, but it's not like that at all, is it? Excellent service, and the bill came to a lot less that than I was expecting. We shall certainly go again.

We knew the occupants of three other tables. Obviously the place to go if you want to spot Sydenham celebs.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Went last night. Great service, really good value for the size of the portions. Nice drinks not too highly priced. Defo going back.

G-man
FromCtoShiningC

Post by FromCtoShiningC »

thanks for the reviews... I think I will give it a go. Now for the rest of Kirkdale to smarten up and keep up with the new Sushi bar :)
Mayowthorpe

Post by Mayowthorpe »

My wife and I visited Sushi of Sydenham last night, and it was really good (and we love our sushi).

We had a mix of cooked and raw options, and all were faultless.

The service was great as well, which was good as they were pretty busy from 7:30pm.

Will definitely be going back, and I encourage fellow sushi-lovers in Sydenham and surrounds to give it a try!

Agree with the former poster as well; I just hope a few of the empty shops can be filled soon, as Kirkdale has a lot of potential for sure!
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

Just came back from Hibagon and just wanted to say lovely service and one of the best pieces of steak I have had for a good time (beef rice bowl).

Recommended for deliciousness!!
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

I went last night for the first time.

Had a very enjoyable meal. Though it was a slightly unusual evening, as there was hardly anybody there.So the number of waiting staff outnumbered the diners at times. This meant the staff were maybe a bit over-attentive, whisking away plates and dishes the second you finished.

The sushi was very nice, though it was different to other sushi I've eaten. Reminded me of Korean food slightly: a very Korean love of mega-hot chili; the sushi pieces chunkier than I'm used to and the rice denser and thicker. I've never hit killer-hot chili sushi before! Quite tasty, but much, much hotter than I was expecting.

Their sashimi was utterly delicious though, as was the rice-wrapped coconut ice-cream for pud.

So for me a bit of a curate's egg of a menu. But I'll definitely be back.
Hannah

Post by Hannah »

It is fab - I got a take away of fresh, delicious sushi, edamame & picked up a chicken Katsu curry for my partner who doesn't like seafood. Had a beer whilst waiting and the bill was very reasonable. Highly recommend this place
monkeyarms

Post by monkeyarms »

Had home-delivery on Friday night.

Partner had Kimchi Ramen which she thoroughly enjoyed. I tried some and it was very tasty, with lemongrass and coriander and chill flavours all very perky and satisfying. Side-orders of gyoza and pork dumpling very nice too.

I had a duck don buri, which I'm sorry to say was pretty awful. Chewy grey pellets of tasteless duck and a generic plum sauce, the whole thing having the congealed/overcooked quality of something that's been reheated or left standing for a long time.

I do think their menu is a bit hit-and-miss. The things they get right they do very well; some things just seem to be bafflingly wrong though. (To be fair, I have had some pretty bad don buri dishes elsewhere, come to think of it.)