Sushi of Sydenham

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Kaizensushi

Re: Sushi of Sydenham

Post by Kaizensushi »

I'm coming back for another scout this weekend... just spotted a potential opportunity but I won't say anything just yet in case there are sly foxes looking to steal it from under my nose :)

Ears to the ground and thank you again for keeping the faith.

Kaizen
Micromel

Post by Micromel »

Good luck! Look forward to hearing how you get on.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

2nded!
PaulineLeJour

Post by PaulineLeJour »

Wonderful news here. We have been going to Sapporo Ichiban in Catford to have our weekly 'sushi fix' for years now but the restaurant is not located in the nicest place to be in the evening. So we would definitely use your restaurant/sushi bar. Please don' give up on this neighbourhood; you also have Foresh Hill which is so close and in a very similar phase of commercial ferment as Sydenham right now with many new indipendent boutiques and venues opening up. Good luck !
Kaizensushi

Post by Kaizensushi »

Seems like word has been spread about Sydenham and now the few last promising units are currently under offer.

I will continue to look and fingers crossed I will find something still within budget. What a pain!
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

Kaizensushi wrote:Seems like word has been spread about Sydenham and now the few last promising units are currently under offer.

I will continue to look and fingers crossed I will find something still within budget. What a pain!
Good luck sir. Do you know what businesses are looking at the other units? I think it would be interesting to know and worth pestering the agents. Perhaps contact the Sydenham Society, which you probably have, as they might have some insider info. Or perhaps someone on here can help.

I wish you luck!

G-Man
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

will be bitterly disappointed if this does not happen :(
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

What's worse - no sushi, or the promise of sushi cruelly snatched away? Please don't give up on this (and maybe look at Forest Hill, too).
Maria

Post by Maria »

oh no no no....... please don't give up on us: Sydenham is fantastic as it is but do you know what: just give it a few years and it will be outstanding. And if you are here with us everyone will benefit.

You'll see.......
Kaizensushi

Post by Kaizensushi »

Before anybody sheds a tear please rest assured I certainly haven't given up hope on Sydenham. As Alfred once said, "Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up again"

I'm going to harass a few agents to give up the goods! Thanks for your loyal support everyone, your community spirit is infectious! Fear not, I am made of sterner stuff! We're not done yet.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Another reason why an empty shop is an opportunity rather than being filled with any shop at any cost. Good luck Kaizensushi.
maturin

Post by maturin »

Please open in Sydenham.

Would love decent sushi, but second the others comments; take away if is an either or business option.

We would have it once a week. Definitely.
pip

Post by pip »

Carzone on the corner of Tannsfeld Rd is closing and would be an ideal location for a sushi bar.
Kathrika

Post by Kathrika »

Would love sushi here! We would order From you!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
marymck

Post by marymck »

Somebody on another thread mentioned seeing a "restaurant premises for let" poster at Bell Green.

With the new fancy flats I wonder if that would be a good place for a sushi bar? And with all the redevelopment and big stores that might be opening, somewhere nice for visitors to have lunch could be a draw too.
owlwise

Post by owlwise »

The best sushi by far around these parts is Sapporo in Catford (behind the town hall). The food is great, the portions are not stingy and the price is right AND it is always busy. I have often ordered and picked up (because they do not deliver).

Take a leaf out of their book and if you open up in Sydenham you also will be a success for sure.
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

Hey Kaizensuhshi,

Are you still thinking of opening in Sydenham?

Hugh
Kaizensushi

Post by Kaizensushi »

Hi Hugh and to everyone still eager to see this plan to fruition,

The plan is still to open in Sydenham if possible. The area does sound good but I'm considering other options with regards to location to optimise the most out of the business. To those that visit Catford for their sushi, I'm afraid that the pricing for my restaurant will not be as cheap as I aim to deliver a 'true to form' style of cuisine both in style and taste.

To be honest, cheap and cheerful sushi is something that is not what I am looking to offer. I'm not here to compete with the convenience supermarket trade. That's not to say the pricing I am working on is unrealistic for the demographics of the area.

At the moment, I'm working on the website for the business so you can all get a feel for the menu and what to expect quality wise. Once it's up and running I'll pass on the link for people to look and obviously so I can take any criticisms on board.
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

Personally I am glad you are trying to compete with the Catford sushi place, I've always found it rather disappointing all be it cheap.

The fact that most of the staff are chinese rather than Japanese prolly explains a lot.

To be honest I've actually been very disappointed by my last few trips to the sushi place in Crystal Palace, starting to think its under new management (who seem keen to cost cut).

The area is crying out for good Japanese food, I really hope you open in Sydenham or very close by.
marymck

Post by marymck »

The old Thai restaurant on the corner of Fransfield and Dartmouth Road has been boarded up for over ten years. I think that would be a really good location, especially if you did lunchtime takeaway boxes.