Broken milk bottles

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
GemStone

Broken milk bottles

Post by GemStone »

Hello,

Yesterday afternoon whilst walking along the High Street, I noticed numerous broken bottles scattered around. Then today along the same route there were more. They were empty milk bottles.
It looks so unsightly, why won't some people dispose of their waste properly? I'm afraid someone will get badly injured one of these days.

Jim.
Eagle

Re: Broken milk bottles

Post by Eagle »

I am surprised that so many people still have milk in bottles. Guess there must be very active milkman in your street.
Surely milk bottles should be left by the front door for the milkman , sorry milkperson , to collect.
GemStone

Post by GemStone »

Eagle wrote:I am surprised that so many people still have milk in bottles. Guess there must be very active milkman in your street.
Hello,
Yes, the milkmen are getting fewer and fewer thesedays.
It was not on my street, just part of my daily route.

Jim
stuart

Post by stuart »

Our dairy pressured us into taking milk in plastic bags. Which is a shame as milk bottles are so much more convenient. But then if some idiots are going to nick and chuck empty bottles left for collection I can understand it.

Stuart
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

Broken bottles on pavements are obviously dangerous and a big problem much like dogs
mess is and other end products of irresponsible behaviour.
I suppose we all have a part to play in some way or another to rid our local society of these problems. I would report issues like this to the local councillor, council help line or Police.

I often have to clear up broken glass or dogs mess outside the School I work for and always
wonder why people would want to make our enviroment dangerous! :?
Can anyone explain?