Car MOT

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Rachael

Car MOT

Post by Rachael »

There are lots and lots of places around SE26 offering to do MOTs. Mine is due in June and I wondered if anyone had recommendations for the best place to go locally, especially if it involves hanging around for an hour or so while they do it.
Eagle

Re: Car MOT

Post by Eagle »

Rachael
A friend of mine in Venner Road has used Volkspares of Newlands Park for last few MOT's and has been very pleased with them.

She does not have a VW. They do all MOT's
Wing

Post by Wing »

I did mine yesterday at Knighton Motors (next to a carwash which has no connection to them) at 153 Sydenham Rd. I also used them last year and have no complaints. The owner, Mr Sharif is a friendly chap.
Belle

Post by Belle »

I've always done mine at Knighton Motors, no complaints either.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thanks for the replies. Out of interest, did you wait at Knighton motors or go and come back?
trybius

Post by trybius »

I always use http://www.thetestcentre.co.uk/.
They have a no pass no fee system and they don't do any sort of repairs on site. So it's not in their interest to try and point out unnecessary fixes / problems just to make money.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Thanks for the recommendation, trybius, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to drive all the way to Deptford when there are so many test centres in Sydenham.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Update - did my MOT today at Knighton Motors. Very nice chap, in and out with no problems.