Closure of thread on niqab

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Robin Orton

Closure of thread on niqab

Post by Robin Orton »

From the TBO:
Re: What is One's view of Lib Dem suggestions that Niqab's s

Post by admin » 16 Sep 2013 14:20

I presume this to be a troll since it contradicts this report: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24112067
Topic closed. If I am mistaken the OP should PM with details.

Admin
I suggest this may be unfair on Eagle. He seems to be referring (though not very accurately) to an earlier news item:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/s ... wear-niqab

In any case, isn't this a topic which it would be perfectly appropriate for us to discuss, in the TBO or wherever?
Eagle

Re: Closure of thread on niqab

Post by Eagle »

Thanks you Robin. Indeed I was. I am indeed baffled why this matter not open to discussion.

It is not just a matter of the Judge , but also Birmingham University and Lib Dems.

As mentioned I have zero problem with the head scarf , but do with the niqab.

People who have indeed read the Koran state that it is no where mentioned that faces should be covered up to that extent.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I have had an exchange of PM with the OP on this.

He made a specific claim which was untrue about a court ruling this morning. He knew it was going to be made this morning and posted after it was made. Despite posting afterwards the OP claims not to have know the result but not hesitated in giving it. I saw a bit of a contradiction there.

Last week's Guardian was referring to the right to make a plea - not give evidence - which is the claim being made here.

To deliberately publish false information (or not to do basic checks on sensitive subjects) is an abuse of free speech. In the end it limits free speech. No person is sadder than me about that.

Admin
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

admin wrote: To deliberately publish false information (or not to do basic checks on sensitive subjects) is an abuse of free speech.
I agree, Admin. Thanks.