iPhone query

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
mosy

iPhone query

Post by mosy »

I just received a reply to an email sent from my desktop saying nothing other than did I have a magnifying glass., and, Sent from iPhone.

Does that mean he couldn't read my email on his iPhone, he didn't think I'd be able to read his reply, or maybe his reply wasn't intended for me at all?

So is there anything odd about using iPhones for emails please? Ta.
Rachael

Re: iPhone query

Post by Rachael »

Is it the phrase 'Sent from my iPhone' that is foxing you? Because that's the default signature on all emails sent from any iPhone unless you change it. Most people don't even realise it appears on the emails they send.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Thanks Rachael. It was foxing me why the email reply said nothing other than asking whether I had a magnifying glass - very odd.

I'll just conclude that it wasn't intended for me but for someone who had a splinter in their finger, whatever, and nothing to do with iPhone visibility.

So, not to worry eh. Cheers.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Well, if you ever find out, let us know!
mosy

Post by mosy »

Hi Rachael. I received a "normal" reply this morning which makes no mention of the magnifying glass one so it will remain a mystery. The sender is a rather no-nonsense type, or I'd reply saying I had the item and would meet him under the clock at midnight...