Racism

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Eagle

Racism

Post by Eagle »

Admin

You state some of my comments could be considered racist even though not my intent.

Maybe in someone's warped PC mind.

I could not believe it when attacked for saying in general prefered nurses from Africa because of their compassion. Having spent all to long in hospital I think it was a statement I felt qualified to make.

How on earth can this be racist as people born in Africa are from virtually every race in the world.

I think the other occasion I was attacked was my , not only my , aggravation at beggars selling the awful waste of space the BI.
I again stand by this. The beggars mostly from Bulgaria and Romania should be Begging at home.

This again was not remotely racist just foreigners begging in our streets.

Not happy with your comments as you seem to be backing the fascists left ( sorry nice kind gentlemen ).

You are just driving moderates away from your Forum , this is a great pity as it used to be rational and interesting. Now
one just gets abused. I know of many moderate voices who have left because of this vitriol. Very sad

Guess Tim back soon .

I will consider my position .
somerandombloke

Re: Racism

Post by somerandombloke »

The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying 'And another thing...' twenty minutes after he's lost the argument.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

I think what Eagle is prone to (and he is not alone) is what I would call 'ethnic stereotyping'. The boundary between that and 'racism' seems to me to be quite difficult to draw. I think it should be discouraged anyway; whether it should be 'banned', is of course a matter for Admin.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Eagle wrote:You state some of my comments could be considered racist even though not my intent.
Maybe in someone's warped PC mind.
I guess by the speed of your response you didn't do that search or understood what was said.

In summary no one, not even you, owns the definition of what is racist and what is not. Those that do observe social conventions (eg dictionary makers) do class some of the words or phrases you use as racist. You don't have to accept those definitions but neither can you deny other people accepting them. That doesn't necessarily make them warped.

As it is I try and keep STF moderation a relatively PC free zone. Or it would have a lot less posters.

Admin
somerandombloke

Post by somerandombloke »

Eagle wrote:... beggars selling the awful waste of space the BI.
The Big Issue has helped hundreds if not thousands of homeless people get off the streets over the years and you think its a waste of space. And you wonder why people think your a nasty old man?
_HB

Post by _HB »

People have repeatedly tried to point out to you why the things you say and the way you say them is offensive to some and, yes, often interpreted as bigoted and/or racist. You never seem to take any of it on board. This thread will be exactly the same. Some people will take the time to explain to you calmy and rationally and they will be ignored. Some people will explain angrily and abusively and you will ignore them aswell. And the good ship STF will carry on as if nothing ever happened.

Maybe just stick to shouting your nonsense into the empty void that is the Town Benefit Office.