Referendum Campaigning

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Tim Lund

Referendum Campaigning

Post by Tim Lund »

If someone wanted to use this site to support local campaigns on the EU referendum, should this be allowed in the Town Hall, or consigned to the Pub?
Eagle

Re: Referendum Campaigning

Post by Eagle »

I suppose difficult to avoid but from what I can see anyone who is contacting the Radio Phone ins , or other Forums, is staunchly one way or other.

I am not sure anything can be gained by listening or reading items from these people.
alburt.c

Post by alburt.c »

i think EU refrendum good debate in pub. can have pint in pub also can help. :lol:
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

It's a question of whether the new admin team think this site is any kind of local public service. If they do, and there are local campaigns, e.g. based on the Lewisham West & Penge constituency, I can't see how they should be accessible only to logged on members.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim,

Each post is judged on merit. If your post about the EU referendum campaign fits the criteria for inclusion in Town Hall, then put it there. If not, put it somewhere else.

If it needs to be moved, we'll move it.

Regards,
Admin
mosy

Post by mosy »

I'm assuming there's no reason why there can't be factual posts in the Town Hall and a complementary armchair-theorising thread in The Pub.

I'm with alburt.c. Does The Pub serve food? I'm happy to eat up all info and views about the referendum as possible, however well or ill informed they might be, especially since the result will be determined by the man in the street.

@ Eagle: The views of small business owners who phone in to radio programmes are interesting and I'd say their voice is an important one since there is a huge number of them and of course many of the big businesses are not UK owned so have a different perspective.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

admin wrote:Tim,

Each post is judged on merit. If your post about the EU referendum campaign fits the criteria for inclusion in Town Hall, then put it there. If not, put it somewhere else.

If it needs to be moved, we'll move it.

Regards,
Admin
How about facts about the positions on the referendum of local Conservatives?

Boris or Dave - who do local Conservatives back?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Mosy
I was not refering just to small business owners. Anyone who phones in seems to have views on one extreme or the other.

We never hear from the middle 70 odd per cent.

Personally have stopped watching Question Time and listening to Any Questions for the duration.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

Shouldn't Nigel's comment on my posting "Britain Stronger in Europe" be here in the Asylum if not the pub?

It is totally reasonable to invite people to join me in local political action, and I do see why I or others should not add other opportunities to do so locally, so I cannot see why Admin has locked the thread.
alburt.c

Post by alburt.c »

Tim Lund wrote: It is totally reasonable to invite people to join me in local political action.
i think this open floodgate to other political party action also. mayby you wuold not want this if UKIP lobby here.

forum can not have bias.
Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund »

I would be entirely happy for anyone wanting to tell people about local campaigning for the opposite view to do so.

Same would go for notices about public UKIP meetings , e.g. during an election campaign.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tim,

Your invite has been published. You are welcome. I have locked the thread because it was already attracting off topic and un-civil comments.

Nigel,

I have removed your reply from the above thread. If you want to debate the subject on those terms, the Pub is the place to do it,

Regards,
Admin.