Fireworks in Forest Hill

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
stuart

Fireworks in Forest Hill

Post by stuart »

This curious thread appeared overnight on SE23.life. Most of it was quickly disappeared from public view.
The real fireworks start at 00:34
SE23 Forum - Latest posts
Fireworks
31 January 2020, 23:02 - @Estelle_Lauren Estelle Lauren

Did the council give permission for fireworks at 11pm?

Fireworks
31 January 2020, 23:32 - @FaeryCatmother K

Clearly “grace in victory” is not within some of our neighbours’ comprehension.

Fireworks
31 January 2020, 23:57 - @ChrisBeach Chris Beach

It’s a once in a generation event, and the largest constitutional change most of us will witness in our lifetime.

I’m pleased to see a few fireworks and some Union Jacks waving as the UK begins its new chapter.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:06 - @FaeryCatmother K

And it’s also an event that has divided the country and caused some of us to lose our jobs. As I said, grace in victory…

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:06 - @Estelle_Lauren Estelle Lauren

It’s noise pollution and that kind of noise needs to be signed off by the council. I wasnt aware that it was, I’m interested to know if anyone was aware it was.

Unfortunately no matter how salient a moment some people think it is, procedures need to be followed when children and pets are so upset by fireworks.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:19 - @ChrisBeach Chris Beach

It’s sad to see any job losses. Likewise it will be satisfying to see the creation of jobs (particularly in the fishing industry which was decimated by EU membership)

FaeryCatmother:
grace in victory…

Likewise grace in defeat.

Grace in defeat isn’t just vital for democracy. It’s also vital to healing. Losers must yield to winners, or we are all doomed to live amongst bitterness and perpetual recrimination.

The people setting off fireworks this evening have suffered all manner of unpleasant labelling and abuse over the last three years. Let them have their few hours of celebration of a hard-fought victory.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:22 - @FaeryCatmother K

Chris, this is not some hypothetical set of jobs. People who live in SE23 have actually suffered as a result of this already. I appreciate you have your strongly held political views, but some sensitivity given this is more than an intellectual position for some of us would go a long way towards the healing of the divisions that I’m hearing a lot of calls for today.

More importantly, if the person who let the fireworks off was doing the right thing, they would have sought approval. There are plenty of places for people who think today is great to celebrate. For those of us who don’t, it is not fair to foist this on us in our own homes.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:25 - @ChrisBeach Chris Beach

FaeryCatmother:
People who live in SE23 have actually suffered as a result of this already.

And people all over the country have suffered wage undercutting, job losses (as I mentioned above) and an erosion of national sovereign democratic rights due to the EU

It’s not “strong political views” to consider all UK citizens - including the electoral majority who voted to Leave.

Anyway, I only sought to bring balance to this topic, which became politically charged from post #2 onwards. SE23 Remainers sometimes forget that 1/3rd of its Lewisham residents voted to Leave, and their perspective is a valid one that deserves to be heard too.

If @moderators want to split it to the #lounge or out of the forum entirely I support their decision.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:27 - @FaeryCatmother K

Thank you for that evident display of sympathy towards my family. What a bright future we have in front of us.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:30 - @Estelle_Lauren Estelle Lauren

Firstly, I’m sorry this got political. Whilst I’m not for Brexit, I’m very much against my dear pet and neighbours children being woken up by selfish people who do not have permission from the council to set off fireworks.

Also, I thought Chris Beach was banned from the forum for making fake accounts and abusing his position as part of some silly feud and announced he was no longer partaking in this forum as he didn’t even live in London anymore?

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:33 - @FaeryCatmother K

It takes two to tango, Chris.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:33 - @ChrisBeach Chris Beach
FaeryCatmother:

Thank you for that evident display of sympathy towards my family

I have nothing but sympathy for your family if they have suffered job losses, but I hope you avoid seeking to use your family’s situation to stifle the free and legitimate expression of others online - others who wish no harm to you or your family, and in fact, who never made any points that were intended to have any personal bearing on you or your family.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:34 - @Estelle_Lauren Estelle Lauren

Why did my comment get removed? I have read the guidelines and said nothing contrary to them

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:37 - @FaeryCatmother K

Someone abusing their power, perhaps?

Thanks Chris for reminding me why I should have remembered to be cautious with engaging with you based on your past form on other forums. You win. How do I disable my account?

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:39 - @ChrisBeach Chris Beach

If you two want to use counterfactual personal slurs against other forum members then you’re more than welcome to avoid using this friendly community forum, and instead use one of the other forums where personal attacks are positively encouraged.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:41 - @Estelle_Lauren Estelle Lauren

My message simply queried whether you personally had stepped down previously and the reasons why.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:42 - @FaeryCatmother K

You may want to watch unfounded accusations of slurs, Chris. What I have said is entirely factual and I have plenty of evidence to back my opinion if that were required.

Your need to be right despite the fact it is evidently distressing others is not something I really want to have anything to do with, which is sad because there are plenty of lovely people on here… You win. How do I disable my account?

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:43 - @Estelle_Lauren Estelle Lauren

FaeryCatmother. Stay close. I think it’s time FH residents did something about this.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:45 - @ChrisBeach Chris Beach

Estelle_Lauren:
My message simply queried whether you personally had stepped down previously and the reasons why.

That’s not quite true, is it? Do you realise people can still see the content of your collapsed post? It didn’t “simply query” anything - it misrepresented a series of events completely unrelated to this topic in order to cast personal aspersions.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:49 - @Estelle_Lauren Estelle Lauren

You admitted making a fake twitter and you said you were standing down. I can’t see what the issue is?

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 01:19 - @Benjamint Benjamin Trout

I’m glad you enjoyed the “festivities” many didn’t. Mainly people who have pets. Could a warning not have been issued to prevent people’s pets from been upset. 5th November and New Year’s Eve are expected events but a day at the end of January that has no celebratory significants to many.

Fireworks
1 February 2020, 06:37 - @ForestHull

15 posts were split to a new topic: Posts removed from ‘Fireworks’
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Fireworks in Forest Hill

Post by JGD »

More of the same from Chris Beach unfortunately.

I captured this image this morning.

The posts were thirteen hours old as can be seen. The longer list that Stuart presents was not visible this morning when I executed the capture.

What is truly significant is that by this time the user FaeryCatmother was flagged as no longer active.

I put an item on Twitter using this image.

Chris Beach still uses his old insults and is being as corrosive as ever and without hindrance or effective censure.

His "new" and "improved" Moderators cannot control him and are as effective as chocolate teapots.

They should ALL resign without further delay as they are perpetuating Chris Beach's alleged infallibility and his staggering propensity to denigrate, attack and lie to users with whom he has a disagreement.
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Wasn't sure counterfactual was a real word or whether it was a Chris Beach made-up-ism.
Chris Beach in another place wrote: Fireworks
1 February 2020, 00:39 - @ChrisBeach Chris Beach
If you two want to use counterfactual personal slurs against other forum members then you’re more than welcome to avoid using this friendly community forum, and instead use one of the other forums where personal attacks are positively encouraged.
It's real.

Wikipaedia offers this as one type of example of its use:
If Oswald had not shot Kennedy, then someone else would have.
The type of abject and untruthful nonsense that ol' CB himself espouses when he makes any conditional statement in which the first clause is a past tense subjunctive statement expressing something contrary to fact.

To define the latter part of that statement, I had to use Farlex's Free Dictionary and NOT plagiarise it from another wonderful episode of "Yes, Prime Minister" !
stuart

Post by stuart »

Be careful JGD that you are reacting emotionally to the narrative of an individual. Look again analytically at the thread. Just like the Flavabaker one there is something that doesn't look right. In this case posts are being censored - one is explicitly referred to - but there were more. So who was the active moderator in the early hours of Saturday morning?

Forest Hull apparently did get out of bed early to finally publicly disappear the evidence - but that wasn't until after six. And who, we were assured, wouldn't be moderating?

Or did I miss a subsequent announcement?

Stuart
Pally

Post by Pally »

Oh dear, not again!!