Extension of forum to other post codes

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
zoltan

Extension of forum to other post codes

Post by zoltan »

I know of at least a couple of people who have problems with SE23.com due to what appears to be over zealous control with perhaps a sense of humour failure by the webmaster. As such perhaps it could not be deemed to be a community website.

Unlike this excellent site, which divides threads up usefully, and allows members to discuss controls and censorship. Ironically one has to come here to discuss such issues about SE23.

Chat rooms quite often attract extreme views, in the Daily Mail Morning Star ways (with some Guardian fluff in the middle) and lampooning views should be a perfecty acceptable part of informed debate.

What do others reckon?
Annie

Post by Annie »

:twisted:
It's all ours 8)

but welcome :lol:
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Zoltan, great monica btw. I think that a lot of people who run forums get a bit above themselves and some suffer from delusions of grandure however the best way is to avoid such places where censorship is taken to the point of being over reactive too stuffy and dull it becomes a chore to the point where self expression is hampered, I get really serious and stuffy people at work all day the last thing I want, is that when I am online. It can really get you down and make you react in an out of character way. When you join a group as a newcomer it is quite tough to integrate yourself into some environments, youd be better off to avoid the place to be honest keyboard warriors are everywhere and personaly most people would not say boo if you met them in person and if you really do dispise an admin and his minions then AVOD!.

As I have said if the place really is not friendly and run with a biast iron fist with double standards then dont go there.